• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xgthug

ROE on Xbox 2

Think about it.
They had to dumb down Doom 3 a lot for the Xbox,
but the Xbox 2 will be fully capable of running Doom 3 with High Quality.
Since Doom 3 is already on Xbox, they could release
Ressurection of Evil on the Xbox 2, sort of like how they included Tides of War
with the Xbox version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Just a thought I've had.

They really didn't dumb down DOOM 3 that much for the Xbox at all. But I woundered why they didn't wait for the Xbox 2 and ported it.

Technician, have you played doom3 for the box? And have you played doom3 on high quality with eight times antialiasing and res 1024? Imo, the graphics are severely dummed down in comparison, but still good for an x box game.

You looking at the guy that could only run DOOM 3 under 600x400 with low detail and no shadows at about 10 fps and 1-3 with monsters. I'm estantic at the Xbox version.

I should probably note that even though XBOX Doom3's graphics are supposetly low quality on the PC version, it does use effects from high quality (gunfire and fireballs emitting light first comes to mind.) Also, that all the special effects are enabled-- as far as I know.

yeah, the special effects were intact. The heat haze wasn't as pronounce though. But as far as the textures, I consider that low quality.

Well maybe they'll release a Game of the year edition or something on XBox 2, or PS3.. Like it'll include Doom 3 and the expansion, kinda like Morrowind GOTY. That'd be cool. And I hope it includes mouse support.

Coopersville said:

I should probably note that even though XBOX Doom3's graphics are supposetly low quality on the PC version.

Actually, it's closer to medium. Low Quality on PC is absolutely horrendous with no normal/specular/diffuse mapping with improper lighting. Big difference.

I find it hard to believe that there would be no diffuse mapping considering that all the textures would be black in that case.

AlStrong said:

Actually, it's closer to medium. Low Quality on PC is absolutely horrendous with no normal/specular/diffuse mapping with improper lighting. Big difference.

Heheheh. You realise you just said "Low quality has no textures." right?

Sorry, I meant just normal and specular mapping; I got carried away with the "mapping" stuff.

But the point is that the Xbox version is quite ahead of Low Quality.