Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Hardcore Neurotica

What do you suffer from?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you suffer from?

• OCD, Minor (small ritualistic habits)
    • OCD, Major (ritualistic habits which [can] interupt life in a big way)
    • Panic Attacks, Minor (fast, non-recurring or rare)
    • Panic Attacks, Major (long-lasting, recurring, often, extremly interfering)
    • Stress, Minor (short-term, not major) [doesn\'t everybody have this]
    • Stress, Major (long-term, affects you physically, i.e. inability to swallow, leads to panic attacks)
    • Depression, Minor (short-term or rare, not very bad)
    • Depression, Major (long-term or regular, very bad/dangerous)
    • I express my neurotic tendencies in other ways
    • I`m not neurotic *eyes twitch*
    • Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (diagnosed)
    • Social Anxiety (inability to perform some basic social functions)

I have created a thread for all you people who suffer from various disorders including OCD, panic attacks, depression, etc. Share your worst experiences, and most annoying habits that you "just have to do"!

I have panic attacks (major) OCD (major) and stress (major). I also occasionally have minor depression. I've gone through phases where I can't touch anyone or anything, couldn't swallow food easily (everytime I tried, I would think about swallowing and that would stop me), and various other things.

EDIT: Could a mod make this multiple choice? Thanks :D

bad panic attacks. they used to occur more frequently, but I've learned to stomp them out early on before they get impossible to deal with 90% of the time.

In certain environments I go kinda insane; I become some kind of antisocial extrovert having deranged thoughts and physically feeling like shit afterwards, I also take adrenaline badly. I just go berserk.

I don't know what it is though.

bi-polar manic depression. They gave me tablets for panic attacks too, but damn, I LIKE waking up at 5am every fucking morning so I can check that I set my alarm clock. So fuck taking those.

I was diagnossed with major depression, so I put that even though I don't have it anymore.

I was diagnosed with major depression long ago but I kicked its ass because I rule so much.

OCD minor
Panic attacks "
stress "
depression "

are what I suffer from. I started having bad panic attacks when I was 18, but now it is only when I see or think I see this girl I knew back in high school. -_-

I've only had a panic attack once, but I'm not even sure if it was one. I was on a bus with no air conditioning in a strange country and I had an 11 hour journey ahead of me. I felt trapped, I never realised I was claustrophobic before this. I calmed down eventually but I felt really lonely, and like I was in the middle of nowhere.

I also get down sometimes but I dunno if you'd call it minor depression.

insertwackynamehere said:

I made a mistake, and once the mods change it you can do more then one :P

Sorry, that isn't one of the options in "Edit Poll". Can add new options, change the existing options or piss about with the numbers of votes, but can't make it multi-option.

Anyway, I don't think I suffer from any of these.

I can't afford a psychologist so I don't know what I have. I was diagnosed with depression long ago when I had a therapist for a brief while and they gave me pills that just made me hyper and slightly depressed. I used to have severe depression that lasted months even years and when I had it I felt like I had manic depression because every few days I'd act superhappy and start doing stuff...and by doingstuff I mean I totaly fucking went crazy and just built/wrote/whatever en masse. It's weird because I normaly have 0 enegy for doing that kind of stuff.

I'm pretty sure I have at least mild OCD because I organise pretty much everything I own alphabeticaly (my CDs, DVDs, computer games, books, and CCG cards) and if they aren't in order it makes me uneasy and I have to take my time making it all right. I also wash my hands about 3 dozen times a day. I also have some kind of societal problem where I can't talk to anyone I don't know (I literaly just kind of freeze) and I'm even kind of uneasy around friends. I have managed to figure out the procedure of buying stuff/using the bank/etc without much problem but any kind of social thing without strict protocol gets me. It's weird because I love being around people it's just I can't talk to them. Also, for some reason I forget what I'm saying halfway through a sentece like 90% of the time I say something and end up making it end stupidly. Dunno what that has to do with any of it. My mom thinks I have Aspuger's Syndrome, but I have no idea what that is.

Grazza said:

Sorry, that isn't one of the options in "Edit Poll". Can add new options, change the existing options or piss about with the numbers of votes, but can't make it multi-option.

Anyway, I don't think I suffer from any of these.

Oh well thanks anyway Grazza :D

Everyone else, ignore the poll and just post :P

Danarchy said:

My mom thinks I have Aspuger's Syndrome, but I have no idea what that is.

it's yet another trendy "disorder". don't worry about it.

insertwackynamehere said:

Could a mod make this multiple choice? Thanks :D

It's always been multiple choice. You must be delusional.

Okay, I used to have something that is not in there. I have minor ritualistic habits so I voted for that, but in general they don't get in the way.

What I had, was an unknown condition that makes me feel stoned out of nowhere. You heard me. I mean, I'll be sitting in a car and WHAM, it's like I smoke a fat joint. Feels just like it, except its not nice(I never liked weed's effects, it affects me differently).

I haven't had this for a while, but sometimes it feels like its going to come back, so I don't know if its completely gone.

Danarchy said:

Aspuger's Syndrome

If you want to look it up, the spelling is "Asperger's Syndrome". Some info here, for instance. Doesn't really sound like you have it though.

Major depression that leads to some nasty panic attacks.

ADHD like a mother----.

And a ridiculous caffeine addiction.

In fact, I've found that a quick shot of caffeine will curb depression a bit and prevent panic attacks. Although it throws my ADHD through the roof of course.