Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Awesome-o

Pimp my doom!

Ok, so I MAY have re-dug up my old doom CD's. I promised myself it was over... but oh what the hell. Now, the request. Please pimp my doom! How should I go about pushing doom to it's very limits? Is it true there is mouselook and 3D model pack... because that would be kicking.

Also, how will I load custom WAD's through source ports? Like...I dunno... Imp encounter.

Hell, I may start designing levels for doom again just as a sandbox hobby. The only game I've ever squeezed some much fun out of is X-com.

Kthxbye.

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

3d models and lighting effects ahoy.

http://prboom.sf.net/

A bit more classical of a feel, and has some of the best port compatibility. If you really want newer stuff, I suggest using this for demos then.

As for loading any PWADs, bring up the little dos command prompt thing in windows and use the -file <wad> param on whatever port. You can load more than one wad by typing more than one wad, example: zdoom -file music.wad textures.wad levels.wad. You choose the IWAD by typing -iwad <iwad> for most ports, but Zdoom and Doomsday have windows to do that for you if that bothers you.

Hehe, and almighty zdoom dosnt even need a -file .
Just append all the wad files you want to use. Another nice idea would be telling windows what to do with a .WAD.
Here i can give it to zdoom, XWE and doombuilder.

Hehe, and almighty zdoom dosnt even need a -file.

Asshole, stop trying to push zdoom as a godly port.
It's your kind that piss me off

KuriKai said:

Asshole, stop trying to push zdoom as a godly port.

I think i let the facts talk:
- Countless mods and maps that are made for zDoom
- at least 3 active(!) child projects: zDaemon, Skulltag and zDoomGL
- no other port is that easily customable
- 100% Strife support!

Your turn, and dont try to flame, its cheap.

Bastet Furry said:

- no other port is that easily customable

I'd say EDGE is eaiser to customise.

Kurikai: Nice argument. Good one.

*Every sarcasm detector within a 100 mile radius is destroyed.*

I'll stop this before it really gets going, as I think the original poster has received the help he was looking for.

Port vs port flamewars are not tolerated here.

Incidentally, the lack of the need for -file in the command line (which seemed to spark such heated debate) was a feature introduced in Boom 2.02, back in 1998.