Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I put sid songs into my map? is it even possible? Do I need to convert them? What format do I need to convert them to and how? thanks

IIRC SID are those Commodore 64 music things.
I think you can convert them to MOD or IT or whatever module format and use those instead.

no offense, but converting to a raw wave format like mp3 or ogg would be pointless when the mod file would end up being about 50k ...

EvisceratoR said:

no offense, but converting to a raw wave format like mp3 or ogg would be pointless when the mod file would end up being about 50k ...

The thing is, if you have a Catweasel with SID in your PC or are using (not so good) the reSID plugin and then compare that with a modfile of the same song, you will trow the modfile away ;)

I might get myself a Catweasel so that my PC can easily read all diskformates known to mankind and can hear sid music with a sid on my PC.

It's my understanding that a Catweasel is a device that plugs into a PC that allows it to connect to a Commodore 64, but I could be wrong as I know very little about C64 stuff, aside from the musicians (Chris Huelsbeck, Rob Hubbard, Martin Galway).

WildWeasel said:

It's my understanding that a Catweasel is a device that plugs into a PC that allows it to connect to a Commodore 64, but I could be wrong as I know very little about C64 stuff, aside from the musicians (Chris Huelsbeck, Rob Hubbard, Martin Galway).

You are wrong.
For connection betwhen a C64 and a PC you need 64NET. If you want to pack an original 1541 floppy on your PC without having an original C64 you need the XE1541 cable and the StarCommander software.
If you want to read out a C64 floppy disk with a stock PC floppydrive you need the Catweasel.
Background Info: Its a false myth that the PC-Floppy is only capable of reading FAT formated disks. The only thing not capable of reading them is your floppy controler on your motherboard. So if you want to read Non-FAT disks you need a special hardware for reading them and that is the Catweasel.
As a plus you can put an original SID-Soundchip on it to play back SID music that will sound like from the original C64.

That reminds me... i wanted to take apart an old notebook for upgrading my Amiga 1200 from 170 MB to 512 MB harddisk ^.^ *wanders of with a screwdriver and the old notebook*

EDIT: 512 MB HDD broken :-( Need to buy a new 2.5" HDD on Hobbytronic
BTW: Who reading this will be on Hobbytronic too?

Do you have a computer show appear in town once a month? You might try there if you do.
That reminds me, I know this girl that back in high school she did a bunch of work for a school project on her Mac and saved it to a floppy to take to school to work on in the computer lab. She thought the floppy was blank, because that's what the Dell said. I told her it was because the work was done on a Mac, but back then I didn't know about file systems.

"Dampfbierbrauerrei" is still defunct, and i dont know of other computer fests near or in Essen.

Hehe, luckly today macosx can read and write to fat32 disks too.