Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ayu

How do I defeat the first hunter?

I've been playing doom3 ROE for awhile, mainly just testing out the new monsters with the spawn command, but when I actually started playing and got to the first hunter, I'm completely confused. Either I fall into the pit before me and die, or the damn thing kills me anyways. Does anyone know how to defeat it?

The pack just came out today. We're all figuring it out ourselves too.

Since I had it a week before. Use the grabber to grap the plasma discharges from those two cannons are both sides. And shoot them at it. All three of the Hunters are so disappointing. :(

The last hunter was pretty tough, at least harder then the previous two. I'm fighting betruger now, no spoilers. But hell is awesome, imo better than the original. I think ROE is better than the original period.

baronofhell said:

But hell is awesome, imo better than the original. I think ROE is better than the original period.

Holy shit. When's it coming the UK?

Is it on par in the atmoshpere department or is it better/worse (with as few spoilers as possible please!)?

Edit: oh wait I think both of these are answered in the Wal-mart thread.

Janderson said:

Is it on par in the atmoshpere department or is it better/worse (with as few spoilers as possible please!)?

Looks good so far I guess. Shit, the intro cutscene was done quite well in fact. Plus, you don't start out in some random tech base level. I'm at the third level I think. I just killed the first hunter and subsequently became dead when some crushing walls killed me.

Quast said:

I just killed the first hunter and subsequently became dead when some crushing walls killed me.

Thats where Hell Time comes in ;)

Another question, I've gotten most of the monster spawn commands to work, but I can't get the bruiser to spawn. I finally defeated the first hunter, but does anyone know how to sucessfully spawn a bruiser?

one of the main reasons i like roe better, is because the imp appearances are significantly reduced. Sorry, but the imps and their damn squeeling just got down right annoying. The vulgars are the new stars of the show, and they imo are cooler and tougher to kill. The super shotgun is awesome; the sound of it, the reload animation, it just fuckin rocks. The game is a must have!! Not as immersive as the original, but more action, which gives the game more of a doom feel.

True. The expansion is full of pretty good gameplay throughout. Better gameplay than the base game. It really is pretty good.

Technician said:

Since I had it a week before. Use the grabber to grap the plasma discharges from those two cannons are both sides. And shoot them at it. All three of the Hunters are so disappointing. :(

What was disappointing with them? I found them to be the first bosses in recent FPS games that actually was fun to play against. Wasn't as easy as the Doom3 bosses either.

Ok, so how many times do you have to hit the Hunter before he drops?

Technician said:

I was upsety to see alkl the hunters Hellknight moddies.

OMG NOES. Everthought about that ehy might be former Hell Knights? Secondly, why is that such a terrible thing? They were the first boss monsters in ages that actually proved fun to fight.

CDog said:

Ok, so how many times do you have to hit the Hunter before he drops?

6 or 7 iirc.