Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RGA

Problem with Patch 1.2

Hi, I´m new here, and i have a big problem. Well, everytime I try to apply the patch, i get the follow error message:
"Your installation of Doom 3 has already been updated to version 1.2. The patch cannot be reinstalled." I get this message even when the game is totally uninstalled. With the patch 1.1, i don´t receive this message. I simply tried everything, so, if anyone help.... Thanks a lot!

If you installed the Ressurection of Evil expansion pack, the 1.2 patch is automatically applied. What method are you trying to use to install the patch?

Amaster, I installed ROE once, and uninstalled. So, after this, i cannot install anymore, because the error of patch. I tried apply the patch alone and during the installation, but none of these works. I tried delete all entries of registry, without sucess. Sincerely, I have no idea why this happens.

Uninstalling ROE probably does not "unpatch" your doom3 executable, meaning it's already 1.2 most likely.

Mancubus II said:

Uninstalling ROE probably does not "unpatch" your doom3 executable, meaning it's already 1.2 most likely.

But i uninstalled DOOM3 too... many times... i think the last resort it´s to format the partition, unfornately. But thanks guys, you´re helped a lot!

It might patch the Windows registry as well...meaning that traces are left behind of the patch, despite wiping it from your hard drive.

I've had something like this happen on an older game. It was also because I didn't properly uninstall it either.