Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Company tries to sell PocketPC game with stolen material

Nobody would have cared if they had released it as freeware, but making money from other people works without even asking them is a ticket to jail.

Technician said:

id and epic would come down on their ass' for sure.

It's using a lot of resources from the retexturing projects of the respective ports, it's hard to say if anything from the original game (doom specifically) is being used. At least, this is according to the thread on 3drealms.

heh. I see the doomhand in that screenshot. that pulse rifle is a modified shotgun graphic

I see Quake2 sky! I also see Duke3d star muzzleflash sprites as well, and this is all looking familiar to me. Is that Iikka's povray spider?

Technician said:

Open sourse if for free. Oh well. What was the new FPS from Russia with almost all textures stolen from other FPS'

Huh what

Read through the thread at 3D Realms - these guys need to go down for certain.

I wonder what the game sounds like - I bet I could spot a couple hundred rips in their resources.

Dumbass Developer #1 : Durr, won't someone notice that 98% of our resources are ripped?

Dumbass Developer #2 : What, are you nuts? Do you know how OLD these games are?! Nobody plays this shit anymore!

Dumbass Developer #1 : Duhh, ohh yeah!

And then a cyberdemon pees on them.

What I find funny about that thread:

"been picking through the code, it's ********LY the BUILD engine. Joe, you gotta take these pricks down!"

ROFL. That guy wouldn't be able to distinguish code from catshit. You don't have to get into teh coad in order to know a BUILD engine game when you see it. Somebody is trying to look CyberCool.

The fact that these 3dr fanboys are getting all hot about it is also laughable. It's like they take it personally for some reason when it has nothing to do with them.

Maybe I'm just an angry person, but I want to break all their arms and jaws.

The weapon in most of the screenshots looks like a modified shotgun from the doom alphas. No idea about the one in the screenie with the green spider.

What I find funny about that post:

"Maybe I'm just an angry person, but I want to break all their arms and jaws."

It's like he takes it personally for some reason when it has nothing to do with him.

Has anyone else noticed that the stained glass window they stole from Hexen still has the bloodscourge image on it?

wow Raven, id, Epic, 3DRealms, and a lot of community members are not going to be too pleased. Probably even more companies after closer inspection. Maybe this is some elaborate scheme to bring all the game companies together and form a super game company which could make awesome games like they used to!

Technician said:

Open sourse if for free. Oh well. What was the new FPS from Russia with almost all textures stolen from other FPS'

It's called Kreed. You can still get a demo of it.

Ultraviolet said:

The fact that these 3dr fanboys are getting all hot about it is also laughable. It's like they take it personally for some reason when it has nothing to do with them.

the game rips textures from the duke nukem high-res pack that these people made.

Mogul said:

It's called Kreed. You can still get a demo of it.

LOL Kreed? And it´s still on shelves here in Germany. It became a low budget title really quick, and it wasn´t released too long ago.

I played the demo and hated it because it had some really stupid design faults even amateur mappers wouldn´t make.

Can you show me a link with some info and pics about the ripped content in Kreed? I find this amusing :)

Tetzlaff said:

LOL Kreed? And it´s still on shelves here in Germany. It became a low budget title really quick, and it wasn´t released too long ago.

I played the demo and hated it because it had some really stupid design faults even amateur mappers wouldn´t make.

Can you show me a link with some info and pics about the ripped content in Kreed? I find this amusing :)

I don't have any, but all you have to do is get the demo or game, and load it up. You'll soon find sounds from various Quake III engine games, as well as some stuff from the DOOM 3 alpha (which is incredibly lol, by the way), and some pretty poorly-made custom stuff.

The voice acting is amazing, too. It's got to be the absolute worst I've ever heard. In fact, I challenge anyone out there to download the Kreed demo, watch its opening cinematic, then show me worse voice acting in a game.

Mogul said:

... then show me worse voice acting in a game.

im getting the demo... but do i have to remind you of a few games... Megaman legends for example.

And dont forget...

all your base are belong to us.
WHAT YOU SAY?
make your time.

Mogul said:

The voice acting is amazing, too. It's got to be the absolute worst I've ever heard.

I really laughed my ass off when the characters started talking in the Kreed demo :D ...one voice was pitched up, and the player characters voice had some kind of cheaply muffled sound effect and sounded incredibly stupid.

Looks like they even stole textures from Cube. Didn't Aardappel make Cube? Or at least he worked on it...

Danarchy said:

Looks like they even stole textures from Cube. Didn't Aardappel make Cube? Or at least he worked on it...

The textures in Cube comes from a variety of publicly available texture packs.