Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zro

Sripting with zeth.

Excuse me for being newbie (again), but how do i edit scripts with zeth. It was said that zeth has an inbuilt script editor, altough deth was supposed to have internal node builder, but my levels didn't work until i runned BSP.

BTW, does zeth require an iwad wich is converted with zwadconv.exe?

There's an option in one of the menus, "Edit scripts" or something like that. I am not 100% pleased with how it's implemented because zeth can crash if you get certain script compile errors.

AFAIK zeth does NOT require a zwadconverted iwad.

BTW, does zeth require an iwad wich is converted with zwadconv.exe?

No, but (like DeePsea) it gets rid of a warning message if you do:)

you'll have to edit your zeth.ini to make sure it points at your preferred text editor (usually edit since ZETH is DOS based). I've been using ZETH for the past year, and I haven't had it crash if a script doesn't compile properly yet...

Thanks! I had some trouble activating Zdoom specials in DeepSea (shareware), and since it's size limited i just have learn to use ZETH.

Thanks! I had some trouble activating Zdoom specials in DeepSea (shareware),

That's interesting - you're not the first. I went out of the way to indicate that choosing the CORRECT project is required. ZDOOM has TWO projects: ZDOOM and ZDOOMHEXEN, reflecting the 2 styles of level formats supported. They both show up in the list, plus a dialog that clearly lists these two is shown.

Oh well, think I'm going to put in a 1-time WARNING if one choose ZDOOM that they may want ZDOOMHEXEN instead:)