Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jplstatic

Wish to work on a soundtrack

Hey, I've been wanting to make a game soundtrack for a long time. If any project groups want an mp3 musician that can make many types of dark music, I can send a demo cd full of tracks (or a data cd with 180 mp3s)

Have you ever worked with anything 1940's style, or something that would fit in a film noir type of game?

HEY!! I have a project that needs music. So far, I have been making the music myself, but if you would like to donate a few tracks to it, it would be more than welcome.

The page is: freewebs.com/mouac

The music is dynamic, meaning it kicks in only at key moments like action sequences or tense/scary parts, not constantly playing in the background. Do you have any samples online I could check out?
I can tell you what kind of tracks I need if you're willing to help!

If not, well, I really appreciate your offer to make music for anyone anyway!

Linguica - Is there a way to post the mp3 to the forum itself or is that completely not at all what you meant? lol. If not, I will find some free web space place that actually still allows mp3s

WildWeasel - Do you have a composer/song title i could search for or sample of what it is you mean? (I'm mainly ambient / industrial / alternative noise / hardcore / softcore wierd) Mostly modern stuff, but I can do a lot with sound effects and I'm looking to open up to new things. (Getting bored)

Nick Perrin - What port/editor are you using to do that, something with ACS? I haven't messed around with hexen scripting much (well, technically not at all, since I haven't been able to get my simple 'print' command to work using doombuilder lol) Hey I only tried it once.

I have a game of my own with 30 tracks per chapter. for two full chapters. I might find some host if possible to host the site, because I might need some help. What I'm trying to do with it is have about 2-3 sublevels to each level that have different music tracks (using hexen hubs style) then if possible have a background ambient track seperate throughout the whole level. Or at least for the beginning and in-between areas of exploration or something.

I will use the cable connection at school to upload some mp3s. and i'm only at school on mon/wed/fri, so It'll probably be monday when I have the samples, since I have to work on a music video in class today and I don't have my other music with me.

Nick is using edge for mouac. Edge supports 16 bit, so you can go a little more in depth with the music.

I just stuck the entire chapter 1 soundtrack up. If I have time here I'll stick Chapter 2 up as well

>>>>>>>>>>>> staticmf.com/noise <<<<<<<<<<<<

btw job, your avatar rules
was it on doomworld? I won't copy or anything, I was just wondering if i could, oh say, put my shaving animation as my avatar :D

Try - "1-3 Forest of Decay - Dance of the Razors" and "Vicious Cycle"
"Aquapods" and "2-2 Crystal Cove 02 The Sands"

the little bit i listened to was pretty cool. The corruption needs music as well. get in touch with impclaw maybe.

Yup, I'm using EDGE 1.29 for my mod, so 16-bit OGG tracks can be used( I'll just convert from mp3). I am making some of the music myself, but as the music isnt constant, its dynamic, the styles dont have to be identical.

I'm going to listen to some of your tracks now!

Submerge said:

the little bit i listened to was pretty cool. The corruption needs music as well. get in touch with impclaw maybe.

The opposite.

Chrono_T: Don't like them? or did you mean something else?
I have a lot of newer shit from a college game I could post too. Its a lot different. Still dark. Actually its all really fucking dark and evil sounding with a LOT of layering. It was for a blackjack game haha

Hey, this stuff is pretty damn good, if I may say so. Saved it all for listening pleasure and all.

Hey, this stuff could be great for dynamic music, would you like to begin work on the music for my mod? Of course you will be duly credited!!

Ok nick you're first. what do you want? =D any of the samples sound anything close?

sorry for the delay... i was banned temporarily... i don't get it either.

jplstatic said:

i don't get it either.

I sent you a reply for each of the two emails you sent me, however each one eventually left me with this:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
< replies@muzakfiend.com >

----- Transcript of session follows -----
< replies@muzakfiend.com >... Deferred: Operation timed out with muzakfiend.com.
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue

You'll have to fix your email if you actually want the replies.

ah, oops, :D i didn't know i had a seperate return address... that explains months worth of other confusions

edit: ... sorry for the double posts, it won't let me delete one

so i'll use this space to mention i actually have a good (in my opinion only) level im putting up today or tomorrow... The Hollow Grounds =D

-edit again: http://staticmf.com/doom <- please try the level and criticize the hell out of it if you're bored enough. I need it. praise welcome too of course =D

the space cataz icon rules too

jplstatic said:

so i'll use this space to mention i actually have a good (in my opinion only) level im putting up today or tomorrow... The Hollow Grounds =D

...which I'll use this space to mention is about to be rejected. I sent you an email to your Yahoo address but perhaps you're having email troubles so I'll repeat it here. I feel especially bad for you since it's obviously a slow connection (you're into your 3rd hour uploading a not-that-huge file).

My email said:

I think you need to read the instructions.

You've uploaded files with long names and spaces in them, your files aren't zipped, and you have an .rtf file but no txt file accompanying the non-existent zip. There's not much else you could have done wrong.

The .pk3 isn't through uploading as of this moment, but I'm going to reject all these files, so I thought I'd let you know, especially since it seems to be a slow connection on your end. Might catch you before you've wasted any more time.