Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

A Reality of Twisted Proportion

Copied from the text file (because I'm too tired to type stuff out):

"The last thing you remember is trying to leave this god-forsaken temple of evil and chaos,
only to find yourself being blown to bits by several large, hulking CyberDemons toting
Rocket Launchers. So, how is it that you ended up here? You are in what appears to be the
UAC base on Phobos, but, why? Something is wrong, however. The base has been overrun by
hellspawn and you keep having strange visions of demonic evil flashing before your eyes.
This cannot possibly be the base, but rather.. a warped reality of some kind."

Things you can expect to see in this map are as follows: Dull, Doom 2 Map07 style gameplay
(having to kill monsters in order to beat the map), Random, overdetailed rooms, etc.

Sounds good? It doesn't? I thought so. Okay then.

The main reason I started working on this map is to test out some random idea that
had popped into my head. I think it works quite well. I may possibly use this idea for a more
serious map in the future (GEO - Part 2 anyone?) (not gonna happen)

So, yeah. It's a map. I tried to keep the map interesting by adding a little twist to things, and.. I probably failed, seeing as how everyone thinks Doom2 Map07 style gameplay is very dull and boring. But, I tried.

Screenshots:

Download:
Clicky-Clicky.

Needs more impse.

This map rocks!
Little tip for removing that stupid 3D-Mode Thing from the sight of the player. Remove the singleplayer flag, at best remove all flags ;)

Bastet Furry said:

This map rocks!
Little tip for removing that stupid 3D-Mode Thing from the sight of the player. Remove the singleplayer flag, at best remove all flags ;)

Hrm, I could have sworn that I removed that before uploading it. I didn't see it at all when I was testing it. But, then again, I am also running ZDoom 2.0.96, which I believes automatically removes (or just doesn't display) 3D mode starts.

Agent Spork. I just played this wad through and man, it's really really good. Chaos is a well deserved name for this map. I just wish you hadn't self defeated the story.

AgentSpork said:

I am also running ZDoom 2.0.96, which I believes automatically removes (or just doesn't display) 3D mode starts.

It does. There were just too many maps which don't remove it.

Graf Zahl said:

But have you fixed that stupid ICantPickUpAWeapon bug? ;)
When not, ill wait till i upgrade.

And with that 3d-thing, i was smart enough putting all flags away so that it will never show up.

Graf Zahl said:

I remove those 3D mode start spots when my wads are completly finished,there's no need for them to be in there.
It would look kinda stupid when you see a 3D mode start popping up arround a corner.

"o god what an awful monster...o no wait a moment its an 3D mode start spot :D"

Thanks for the comments everyone. I appreciate it :)

I just wish you hadn't self defeated the story.

Heh, sorry about that. I usually just don't put very much thought into the stories of my maps, as I am sure most people really could care less. Although, I suppose it could've gone without the comment in the ending text :P

Well, yeah. I do usually get rid of the 3D Mode starts before I release a map, although since the latest version of ZDoom automatically removes them, I have gotten in the habbit of forgetting to remove them. But, anyways, I have removed the start from the map, as well as replacing the sky (which I forgot to do at the last second), and have reuploaded the map.

Cool.. but I ..er.. broke it.
In the elevator after the BFG guy it says 'elevator starting', and fades to black. Then I step out of the elevator at the other end, and it said 'elevator starting' again, faded to black, then teleported me into the void amidst a mass of control sectors.

iori said:

Cool.. but I ..er.. broke it.
In the elevator after the BFG guy it says 'elevator starting', and fades to black. Then I step out of the elevator at the other end, and it said 'elevator starting' again, faded to black, then teleported me into the void amidst a mass of control sectors.

wtf? how did you step out of the elevator? There's only one way out of the elevator which I have blocked. I'll mess with it and see if I can manage to break it.

Heh, I played this with trauma-x, and I didn't have a second weapon for a LONG time. Don't place a shotgunners so far!

... so much useless revolver ammo...

Also, for your next level, how about like this, only big and open, and no walls. Kinda like void.

Heh, I played this with trauma-x, and I didn't have a second weapon for a LONG time. Don't place a shotgunners so far!

... so much useless revolver ammo...

Uh.. it says in the text file that it shouldn't be played in cooperative. I'm sure the map breaks online right from the beginning, considering all of the silent teleports. ..and there's a shotgun right in the beginning of the map.

Co-op? I was using a weapons mod and I was playing single player. This weapons mod makes shot gunners drop revolvers, and the shotgun was replaced with a plasma shotgun (there was no ammo in the beginning for it).

Also, how is that ideazors?

Oh. Well, I had no clue what trauma-x is (I'm not into weapons mods), so I assumed you were playing with someone named trauma-x. Stupid me.

I can't be expected to make sure my map works with all weapons mods. Just play with the normal weapons.

Oh no, I can't do that. Trauma-x works perfectly with this level, its just that I had a lot of ammo for a weapon I didn't have. After the second battle room, I got that gun.

Besides, I cannot stand stock weapons, remember?

(actually, all zdoom weapon mods work with your level... rejoice!)

Chrono_T: Since Agentspork is to nice a guy to tell you this I will do it. (cause I am not) You're an idiot.

Well, not so much that you play maps with weapons that wasn't intended to be used with the said map, even though that is really ... retarded in my opinion, but each to his own. But you are stupid because you come to Agentspork who made the map and complain/criticise that his map doesn't give you the right weapons to fit with your weapons mod.

If you want to fuck up the game play in the maps you play, that's your business, but don't come complaining to the author that it's got the wrong weapons in the wrong areas or whatever because you are using a weapons mod.

Man I really don't want to yell at you, i'm so angry, and your too nice to be yelled at. I have so much built up rage for no apperant reason though. Please, say sorry, and I will too. Look:

"I'm sorry agent spork, I know you didn't make it for that weapon mod, it's just that I had a lot of useless ammo and had to complaint because I was bored/tired/ect.... So I am sorry agent spork"

So can you please apologize kristus?

Neat looking. Annoying to play but okay to look at I suppose. If you like that sort of thing.

Chrono_T: Well, I thought it was a complaint, rather than a joke of some kind. Sorry.

Annoying to play but okay to look at I suppose

:(

Hey dont feel too sad, it came from your mouth:

AgentSpork said:

... seeing as how everyone thinks Doom2 Map07 style gameplay is very dull and boring. But, I tried.

I'm one of those everyones I guess. But on the otherhand yours and Cyb's are the only zdoom maps I even bother downloading.