Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Perforator

To many new faces...

If anyone remembers me "Perforator" I've been away from these boards for quite some time...

Everytime I come back it sort of makes me smile to see all the new fuckers coming here doing the same thing we do, "Celebrate the creation of doom"

Now I'm really busy with shit and can't spend much time on here anymore like I did last year but I will always be a doom fan...I still play it like everyday.

Hmm, I think I remember you from when I first joined the forums (late Dec. 2000)

Hey, Perforator how are you? Haven't seen you in quite some time.
Welcome back :)

Was the subject supposed to be "To many new faces" or "Too many new faces"?

From the content of the message I think it's supposed to be the way it is.

speaking of people of the past, whatever happened to Esco?

you dont suppose, unless.... <bum bum BUM!!!!> he was packaged into a little box and shipped to afganistan!! ;^(

For that matter, whatever happened to elyuca or Johnny Kaos?
A lot of you old ones (such as me) will remember who it is I'm speaking of.

speaking of people of the past, whatever happened to Esco?

He doesnt have time for us ever since he started selling things on e-bay.

I vaguely remember those people from my beginnings here on the DW forums...

That and 666 are the only posts I'm planning on celebrating. Well maybe 10,000, but that's a long time from now.

If doomworld isn't....GONE BY THEN

It took me around 70 days to get my post count to what it is now. Say it takes me another 10 to get the other 50 so we can work with an even 500. That's 500 posts in 80 days. Now 10,000 divided by 500 is 20. 20 times 80 is 1,600. That divided by 365 (days in a year for doomboy =] ) is 4.38. So it will take me 4 years and 3 months to get 10,000 posts. And I'll probably have another one of those 150 posts in a day events so that will bring it to 4 years.

Since these parts will be more popular once doom3 comes out I'm pretty sure I'll be posting more to show off how pleased I am with the game. Let's say that brings down my time to get 10k posts to say about 3.8 years.

I'm also planning on getting a cable modem sometime, that means I'll have more time to download more maps and stuff for doom, therefore I'll have more stuff to comment about, that also should bring down my time to say about 3.5 years?

All right, I still have that Demise project that's about to come out. Maybe it'll have a lot of bugs, or get a lot feedback prolly positive since the dude that's doing all the mapping is good, and I pulled my two crappy maps out of play. I guess that will also lower that waiting time to 3.4 years.

I also have began to see my post count increasing at a faster rate than it used to. Calculating that increase (I won't put it here since I don't want to bore you with any more math) I'll say it will take me 3.2 years to reach 10k posts.

And just for the hell of it I'm lowering that to 3 years.

Now I know that in 3 years doom3 will still be hot, and doomworld.com will still be alive. I'm just hoping a forum software change wont happen again. If not, I may reach 10k before you know it. =]

It took L-alt+129-t only 3 years to get past 6,000 posts.
That's six thousand, orion. ;)

well acording to my theory I'll make 4,000 more than him in that amount of time. Isn't math great? /me feels like a nerd and sparks up a dutch to prevent that feeling

He shows up on AIM every now and then.

It took L-alt+129-t only 3 years to get past 6,000 posts.

That's very intriguing, seeing as how the forums have only been around for about 18 months.

That's very intriguing, seeing as how the forums have only been around for about 18 months.

Well if that's the case the thing I said above this proves I'll be posting exactly the same amount of crap here as you. I deserve my own spamming forum too!

18 months, eh? So I was off by a mere smidgin. Oh well. Just proves even more that YUO ARE TEH KING OF SPAMM3RS!!!!!

If doomworld isn't....GONE BY THEN

I don't think so. At least not completely...

I dunno, we're all pretty far gone as it is.

I wonder that too. We can't lose the old ones, damn it.

Heh.

Double heh.

) is 4.38. So it will take me 4 years and 3 months to get 10,000 posts.

No. Technically 4.38 years is NOT 4 years and 3 months. 0.3 of a year (close to 0.33 of a year) is like one-third, so 0.3 is more like 4 months, and 0.38 is closer to 4-5 months (I think).

I'm in no rush to increase my post count.

18 months, eh? So I was off by a mere smidgin.

NO. Not if you consider a smidgin twice as high. 18 months is 1.5 years, and 3.0 years = 2(1.5 years). You were off by a factor of two. Don't worry, I won't quote your title.