Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joemolley

exploding shells in edge

is there any way to get a bullet weapon to cause small explosions when a monster is hit? I already got exploding "puffs" but i have no idea how to make it explode when a monster is hit.
i dont want to use a fast invisible projectile to make it seem like a bullet, they cant go fast enough to suit me without flying off in some wierd direction.

Oh and i got the bfg to spawn a thing, but the thing only spawns if i face a certain direction. Whats up with that?

i haven't the slightest clue about what you are referring to, but i did come up with an idea.

maybe if i made the attack a tracker (since you can do explosive damage at range without a projectile), but i dont think a player can use that. i will just have to find out.

EDIT: no it doesnt work. damn. btw, i think you misunderstood my first (possibly poorly worded) post. i mean that i dont know how to get explosion damage when a bullet hits a monster, or if its even possible. the "puffs" explode alright, i know how to do that.

add an explosion codepointer to one of the bullet puff frames, you can find the codepointer in the barrel or rocket frames.

im not looking for an explosive puff, i already have one of those.
i want to make the bullet explode when it hits a monster. and i cant change the blood sprite, because then every bullet weapon would do explosive damage.
what i want to know is if its possible to make a bullet have a custom "blood" sprite (meaning when it hits a monster, NOT the wall) that is only associated with that bullet weapon, and NOT any of the others.

oh i guess its not possible then. i already checked the docs many times. i thought it might be possible seeing as how they arent completely up-to-date (you can tell sometimes). oh well