Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberDemonHunter

I need help with doors and weapons...

Ok first thing is I need help with doors for DoomBuilder. Now, how do you make it so ur grid squares are smaller? the smallest size i can get with snap is 32. I want 16. thats the only thing i need help with doors with. I think I can take it from there by reading tutorials that require smaller grids.
Also, when I play online I often see custom weapons. How do I make my own custom weapons? Not just skins but also how they fire and stuff. If u can help thx.

CyberDemonHunter said:

Also, when I play online I often see custom weapons. How do I make my own custom weapons? Not just skins but also how they fire and stuff. If u can help thx.

I haven't used Doom Builder before so I am not sure of the grid problem dee-lee. However, for custom weapons, replacing the graphics is simple enough. From what (very limited) knowledge I have, you should grab yourself a program like Wintex or XWE I think it was or something rather. They can replace graphics for just about anything in the game, like the guns. (Just make sure you set the offsets correctly, or they will be out of place.)

For the behaviour for the guns, I believe you need Dehacked. I'm under the impression that Dehacked is quite confusing, this hunch being from it confused the dickens out of me when I tried to use it.

I know someone else can put much better light onto this than I. But I hope I have been of some help until then.

Giomancer said:

[

]

You could have at least said that you mean the [ and ] key on the keyboard...

CyberDemonHunter said:

and key???

I think what you mean is, you can change the Grid sizes using the "Grid Settings" button at the top of the screen or by pressing the "[" and "]" buttons.

ok I dont need help with doors any more now its just the weapons... i just need to know how to change the behaviour. I heard from my cuz who used to be a doom modder that u have to use C + +. is there any way around this?

CyberDemonHunter said:

ok I dont need help with doors any more now its just the weapons... i just need to know how to change the behaviour. I heard from my cuz who used to be a doom modder that u have to use C + +. is there any way around this?

Tell your cousin he's a moron.

Use DeHackEd or WhackEd.

Actually, if you're not using EDGE, you have to go into the engine source (actually written in C) and modify weapon code.

nightice said:

Actually, if you're not using EDGE, you have to go into the engine source (actually written in C) and modify weapon code.

Not unless you want to have weapons which act extremely differently from the original ones. With dehacked, you can change rate of fire, projectile damage, speed, things like that. You can even make a sort-of grenade launcher. How many weapons mods do you see which have custom executables? I rest my case.

CyberDemonHunter said:

Actually my cuz said you can do all those same things using C + +. for Example he did make a Grenade Launcher by changing the weight of the missle using C + +.

I'm not saying you can't do it using C. Do you actually understand programming? If you change the source code, you need to compile a new executable (the thing you run when you want to play Doom). Thus, the only way of playing your mod will be to use this executable. You wouldn't be able to use a source port such as ZDoom, JDoom or EDGE. Wouldn't it be easier to make a DeHackEd patch, usable by all sourceports?

See why your cousin is a retard now?

CyberDemonHunter said:

Actually my cuz said you can do all those same things using C + +. for Example he did make a Grenade Launcher by changing the weight of the missle using C + +.

He's just bullshitting you. Dehacked can do any of that crap and all you do is change a number.

zarkyb said:

Not unless you want to have weapons which act extremely differently from the original ones. With dehacked, you can change rate of fire, projectile damage, speed, things like that. You can even make a sort-of grenade launcher. How many weapons mods do you see which have custom executables? I rest my case.

I'm a coder, not a Dehacker. My first thought was of editing source. (partly because I deal more with Quake)

I'm sorry but i think im a mormon. How do you do grenade launchers?Or tell "the zombies to use another shooting sound(like:fireballshoot)?

I would be appreciated if someone would answer.
(Mormon, lol)

zarkyb said:

I'm not saying you can't do it using C. Do you actually understand programming? If you change the source code, you need to compile a new executable (the thing you run when you want to play Doom). Thus, the only way of playing your mod will be to use this executable. You wouldn't be able to use a source port such as ZDoom, JDoom or EDGE. Wouldn't it be easier to make a DeHackEd patch, usable by all sourceports?

See why your cousin is a retard now?

STFU he aint a retard. I can do it with C + + using a different executable, In fact what im kinda aiming for is my own DOOM style game. But when its for DM or Coop I could use dehacked. So BOTH ways work, no need for namecallin.

DumbSCRIPTguy said:

How do you do grenade launchers?l

Using C + +, You can change th weight of the Rocket for a Rocket Launcher, So it will drop. Just experiment with the weight, I guess you can use dehacked too.

DumbSCRIPTguy said:

I'm sorry but i think im a mormon. How do you do grenade launchers?Or tell "the zombies to use another shooting sound(like:fireballshoot)?

I don't know about changing the zombie sound and I don't think you can. The zombie noise should change if you change the pistol noise though. It is better than nothing.

As for the grenade launcher, I use whacked but I assume it would be similar for dehacked. Change the "rocket in flight" and in the "nogravity" box, make sure it is off. Make the speed a bit faster too, otherwise it won't go very far. I don't know how to make it bounce around without exploding though. Does anyone know how to make rockets not explode on impact? that would be cool.

evilhomerdoomer said:

Does anyone know how to make rockets not explode on impact? that would be cool.

This might be using ZDoom-only stuff, but on the Rocket In Flight thing, add the +HEXENBOUNCE, +HERETICBOUNCE, or +DOOMBOUNCE (or a combination). See what happens.

Thing 34 (Rocket in flight)
Speed = 1966080
Mass = 30
Bits = MISSILE+FLOORBOUNCE

this'll do the trick just fine...though you might be inclined to alter the speed and mass if you want

CyberDemonHunter said:

STFU he aint a retard. I can do it with C + + using a different executable, In fact what im kinda aiming for is my own DOOM style game. But when its for DM or Coop I could use dehacked. So BOTH ways work, no need for namecallin.

Heh, so now all you need is to learn C. Good luck!!!!!111one