Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im working on a weapons mod for DOOM and I need some sound FX. I need good clean sound FX, not something like u held a microphone up to a speaker. It needs to contain just the sound, and nothing in the background, not even a little bit of air. So just post where I can get some sound FX thanks.

Nvm I downloaded a mod that has doom3 sounds in it, but only a few are missing. All I need to know now is how do I extract sound FX from a wad file, or the actual Doom3 game?

Extract sounds from a WAD file using XWE. Extract sounds from Doom 3 by opening the PK4 files with Winzip or Winrar.

You want an unlimited supply of sound fx for any occasion?

GET HALF-LIFE 2.

That thing is filled to the brim with so many high-quality, useful sounds, I rip from it all the time.

Half-life 1 also has a lot of useful sound effects.

what software can I use to record sounds from oh say...a DVD on my computer? I need some Star Wars sounds, they would be perfect for what im trying to do...

Windows Recording Tutorial (may not work on certain sound cards!)

Note that while you can use Windows' Sound Recorder program to do this, I HIGHLY recommend trying Ace of WAV, Audacity, or Goldwave instead. Audacity is a free, open-source WAV editor available at Sourceforge.net.

1. Open your Windows Volume Control applet (either double click the speaker in your system tray, or Start>Run>sndvol32.exe).
2. Click Options->Properties.
3. Click the Recording radio-button and hit OK.
4. You should see a variety of recording sources. What you're looking for is something like "Wave Out," or "What U Hear" (Creative cards only). If it's not there, go back into Properties and look for a checkbox that might not be checked. Check it and look at the Recording sources again.
5. Click the Select checkmark beneath the right recording source. You might want to do some test-records with your preferred wave-editor to make sure the recording volume is okay.
6. Start your DVD or whatever, and begin recording with your wave-editor when the sound comes up that you need.
7. Trim it as you see fit.

The above method works well. I use acid pro to record with, soon as its done you can trim the sample and then mess with it to get rid of hisses or whatever. You can render the sample in mp3, wav, ogg, and more. Problem is, its not free.

there's loads of recording programs. I personally use Agnula linux (agnula.org) It's a linux distribution specially for audio. It has a multitrack recording program (i have an 8-track in/out soundcard) and more. Quite advanced to.

Get some sound editor program like Sound Forge(not free :( ) and record the sounds yourself.

You can record some plops, clangs, bangs and stuff like that with your microphone. You'll probably get a lot background noise and hiss, but it's ok, you can get it off with some EQ or you can use the sound with the noise and hiss.

For weapon sounds, it doesn't really matter if there's some noise and hiss in the sound. Make a lot different versions of the sound with different effects in it and then mix them all together and you'll get a nice noise and hiss free high quality sound.

If you're doing monster/speech sounds, then you should get rid of the noise and hiss on a really early stage. Of course there can be some exceptions. If you have a hissing monster, you'll probably want to leave some noise and hiss in the sound...

Jimi said:

You can record some plops, clangs, bangs and stuff like that with your microphone. You'll probably get a lot background noise and hiss, but it's ok, you can get it off with some EQ or you can use the sound with the noise and hiss.
[/B]

Called Noise gate or Compressor