Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stealthy Ivan

An Idea for doomworld and its community!!!

I have this cool idea!!!
All of us here on doomworld that play muliplayer doom weather it be DM or co-op should all plan a compitition! All of us can arrange differant times to meet up and chat on Doomconnector, and then, we can all set up times and places/ports to play one another!
This was just an idea I had to bring the dooming community a bit closer! If any of the Mods or Admins would like to help me out on this it would be really cool of you! Any one else in the community is welcome to contribute ideas, jump on in!!!

Laterz fellow DooMerz
[VPO]StealthyIvan

BTW I hope this is not in the wrong thread!?!?

Sgt_BFG said:

how about not Doom Connector? its a pain in the ass to set up properly.

How about what ever make's you happy, it could be Zdaemon, Legacy, Zdoom, SkullTag...
It does not matter,as long as peoples can meet and plan games.

Sgt_BFG said:

how about not Doom Connector? its a pain in the ass to set up properly.

Ignorance is bliss ;) But let me help you with a tutorial. Really, if you cant do that, you do not deserve to own a computer :P

I don't know about this one. There are A LOT of people to notfy about it, and if theres that many people online at a time in Zdaemon, Legacy, Skull Tag, etc. then there would be alot of backup. I dunno, if it works, gr8.

I agree. Your idea is great and all, thats cool, but its not going to happen. You cant realize something like that really, not everyone at once at least.

CodeImp said:

, not everyone at once at least.

No, not every one at once, we should plan dates places, for instance, this tuesday at 9pm eastern time, we meet on DoomConnector and plan a gaming session!
Whos down?

Sure, fine by me. Although, statistics show most doomers are active during the weekends in the evenings, which makes perfectly sense. So you'll get more people in your get-together on a sunday evening I think ;)

fodders said:

Isn't this what IRC was developed for?

Do you really dont know the difference or are you doing this on purpose? It is sad and quite disappointing that theres always someone that posts something like this :( And I especially dont like it, because the question attempts to rule out my launcher. If you read Stealthy Ivan's very first post you know what his intentions are, why ruin it?

fodders said:

Isn't this what IRC was developed for?

Hey fodders, BTW I hate IRC, any ways, how about your self, are you up for a little DM? ;)

Always, but at the moment I only use ZDaemon, that's not a preference of one over the other, just that my grandson, when he is here, plays using my computer. I will not expose him,(he is only 7), to the language that can/is used in Doom Connector. With ZDaemon I just turn msg's off when he is playing.

Code Imp: I was not precluding the use of Connector for playing, I meant that IRC was for arranging the times to meet up on Doom Connector.

I don't want this forum full of a thousand msg's such as

hi see you at 7pm
no sorry 7 aint no good, 8pm?
I can make it for 6:30
My mom won't let me play today
etc etc etc

Oh ok :) But language is about the same everywhere, yes, on IRC as well. What of we are not allowed to say shit or fuck? You cannot forbid bad language. Its everywhere on the internet anyway, best is to pull the plug if you dont like it, hehe. But then you should not watch action movies either :P

Bad language is fine, it doesn't bother me at all. I just don't expose my grandson to it if I can help help it.
BTW my grandaughter was born this morning, so now I have 2 grandkids :P And another one due in Sept.! :)

Congrats fodders!

Yea Friday Night Fragnight is quite popular, it does do good every friday again.

fodders said:

BTW my grandaughter was born this morning, so now I have 2 grandkids :P And another one due in Sept.! :)

Awsome!!!
Some more future doomers! :P