Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
m0l0t0v

Dopefish in Quake2 ?

I've started playing Quake2 again, and I read somewhere the Dopefish is hidden there.

I finished that game half a dozen times, but never found it.

Can anyone tell me where (what map) it is?

thanks

It's in the Cooling Facility (cool1). You need to go to the topmost part - at the beginning of the longer water slide. There's a Gladiator in there. Go into the large pool in the corner (on your right when you walk into there). There's a hidden door, you might be able to see it. Fire a rocket at it to open it up. It's easier to see in an engine like Quake 2 Evolved, since it doesn't draw caustics on bmodels (such as doors).

Here, I made a demo. I don't actually get to it, but it's in the pool I died in.

Thanks guys!

http://www.dopefish.com/fishinfo.html

On that first picture Tom Hall looks like a scary villain :-)

sweet.

BTW: is the Dopefish a weed user? Could he be promoting drugs? He's called Dopefish, and he's green just like weed... just curious...

Dope, of course, also means "A stupid person; a dolt." A thesaurus gives this: "One deficient in judgment and good sense: ass, fool, idiot, imbecile, jackass, mooncalf, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, simple, simpleton, softhead, tomfool. Informal gander, goose. Slang cretin, ding-dong, dip, goof, jerk, nerd, schmo, schmuck, turkey." As a verb, it also means "To figure out" or "To make a rough plan of."

omfgz0r5 timeline. Although I admit he was a pain in the ass at first to find. Heh, I'm surprised there isn't a Dopefish in Doom 3.

m0l0t0v said:

BTW: is the Dopefish a weed user? Could he be promoting drugs? He's called Dopefish, and he's green just like weed... just curious...

Nope, just the second dumbest creature in the universe.

m0l0t0v said:

sweet.

I'm a hardcore stoner and I never even considered that because it's just foolish...you are a dope, sir :-P

Johnatone said:

Heh, I'm surprised there isn't a dopefish in Doom 3.

No, but there’s a turkey.

Actualy the first is the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast or whatever if you've ever read the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.