Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pure Hellspawn

Our new poop. Benedict XVI

In retrospect, I liked Pope John Paul way, way better.

...WAY BETTER.

geekmarine said:

FINALLY! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities between our new pope and the evil emperor. *shudders*

Count me in, too.

exp(x) said:

Monty Python's Flying Circus

(yes, I know it's supposed to be "it's" in this context)

Nope; even when "its" is possessive, you actually don't have the apostrophe. It's strange, but it's the way English is at the moment.

AndrewB said:

Nope; even when "its" is possessive, you actually don't have the apostrophe. It's strange, but it's the way English is at the moment.

What I meant was that it's supposed to be "It's Monty Python's Flying Circus". This isn't possessive.

Pure Hellspawn said:

[off-topic rant] Why the hell do they (in hotels, etc.) fold the corners of the top piece of bog paper down like that? What does it accomplish? The amount of time this practice wastes worldwide must be phenomenal. And all it makes me think is that someone's grubby hands have been on the bog roll, so it just tear that piece off and flush it away unused. [/off-topic rant]

<small>Note 1: Image quoted because I'm referring to something in the image.
Note 2: Given the actual thread title, this isn't completely off-topic.</small>

Job said:

In retrospect, I liked Pope John Paul way, way better.

...WAY BETTER.

Geez, it's only been a few days. Anyway soon he will become invisible and forgotten until he ends up on his death bed just like those before him.

@Scabbed Angel: iirc he deserted the Hitler Youth and went into hiding.

Grazza said:

[off-topic rant] Why the hell do they (in hotels, etc.) fold the corners of the top piece of bog paper down like that? What does it accomplish? The amount of time this practice wastes worldwide must be phenomenal. And all it makes me think is that someone's grubby hands have been on the bog roll, so it just tear that piece off and flush it away unused. [/off-topic rant]

I guess it makes it look neater. If you saw ripped toilet paper in your toilet, you'd know someone had possibly touched it with pee-covered hands, or worse.

fodders said:

Could be worse, he was gonna choose Malcolm the tenth.

Hehe. And since he would be a transitional pope, would his nickname be...Malcolm in the Middle?

St Malachy the famous prophet who predicted the names of the Popes with accuracy was right again...Gloria Olivae was according to him the motto of the next pope which lead people to say that the next pope would be a Benedict...he was right!

He also called John Paul 2 the pope of the eclipses....Karol Wojtyla was born during an eclipse and got buried during an eclipse...

The best part is that according to Malachy, the pope after Benedict 16 would be the pope that would bring the Apocalypse...yay!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/547756/posts

I hope this is all bullshit

Nightmare Doom said:

St Malachy the famous prophet who predicted the names of the Popes with accuracy was right again...Gloria Olivae was according to him the motto of the next pope which lead people to say that the next pope would be a Benedict...he was right!

He also called John Paul 2 the pope of the eclipses....Karol Wojtyla was born during an eclipse and got buried during an eclipse...

The best part is that according to Malachy, the pope after Benedict 16 would be the pope that would bring the Apocalypse...yay!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/547756/posts

I hope this is all bullshit

Don't worry. It is. But things are going to really shitty anyway. The weak-minded will pray for rapture.

Pure Hellspawn said:

what happens when the world runs out of popes?

We'll have to reload.

Danarchy said:

We'll have to reload.

And we'll have to fight the demons with conveniently placed chainsaws and SSGs.

Danarchy said:

We'll have to reload.

Heh, tasteless but funny. And in the caes of this one, I almost agree. His face alone could be used to scare young children from goofing off. *shivers*

Nick Perrin said:

And we'll have to fight the demons with conveniently placed chainsaws and SSGs.

If we have to fight, I'll pass. I prefer the fast BFG with unlimited ammo.

The way I understood it is that the Vatican doesn't want a single pope to rule for too long (John Paul II's rule lasted for 26 years). That's why they chose an old guy like Ratzinger for pope.

DoomedAce said:

The way I understood it is that the Vatican doesn't want a single pope to rule for too long (John Paul II's rule lasted for 26 years). That's why they chose an old guy like Ratzinger for pope.

You would have been wrong if you said that 26 years ago...