Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterShazbot

simple weapon mod request

I would like someone to make a weapons mod using the current ordinary doom weapons. This mod is supposed to be compatible with Doom and Doom II. This mod shouldn’t be too hard to make. I’d do it myself, but I don’t understand how to edit Doom.

The idea is to increase the current damage of all weapons while lowering the ammo dramatically to balance things. This way you actually risk running out of ammo frequently, but it doesn’t take forever to kill your enemies. Increasing the monster’s damage is optional – all it would do is balance the increased weapon damage. Here’s a sample of how this mod could be done, but it’s up to the modder.

Chainsaw = 2x damage, or 2x speed + berserk bonus
Bullets = 400 to 200 max w/ backpack + 2x more damage of bullet weapons
Shells = 100 to 32 max w/ backpack + 3x more damage of shotguns
Rockets = 100 to 10 max w/ backpack + 2.5x more damage, or 2.5x larger splash damage
Cells = 600 to 300 max w/ backpack + 2x more damage of cell weapons

The amount of ammo you collect from things on the floor should be the same – you want to be able to pulverize the monsters so they die quickly, while learning to strategically use your weapons and to ration your ammo.

Update: I also use Zdoom, so I would like this mod to be a wad or a deh so I can use it in Zdoom. (It should be compatible with any source port, however, because there's not that many changes in this mod.)

MasterShazbot said:

Rockets = 100 to 10 max w/ backpack + 2.5x more damage, or 2.5x larger splash damage
Cells = 600 to 300 max w/ backpack + 2x more damage of cell weapons

I could do that, but the other things...no...

You can use Whacked2 to make a deh file that is compatible with all source ports.

AFAIK you cannot change the damage of a bullets or shells as they are not actual projectiles, but you could alternatively lower the amount of hit points for all enemies, which would have the same effect.

Whacked2 also allows you to change the speed of the Chainsaw and the amount of ammo the player can carry with him.

It's really not that dificult to do. Download Whacked2 and play around a bit. You'd probably have your mod ready in a couple of days.