Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

"Fort 5: Navrat na pevnost" Minipack

I made a little demopack for a short but nice episode by a Czech mapper, Martin Mirejovsky.

The wad can be found here. It's 2,903 KB in size, and you may need to use a download manager (the download conked out for me otherwise). The author's Doom wad page (in Czech) is here.

The pack is here. Seven UV Max demos, all quite short (ranging from 0:10 to 3:05). Map06 was the biggest challenge from the point of view of recording a demo that didn't look totally awful (the start of that one looks very slow, but if I used lots of ammo or left stray monsters in that area, I tended to end up wasting a lot of time later).

[Edit (08 June 2005): Links updated because the site moved. Perhaps there's no need for a download manager now - I haven't tried downloading from the new site.]

Searcher said:

That map 4 demo is reality. ;)

Yes, and Tyson too. :p

Glad you liked them. Plenty more of the wads from his site are well worth checking out (although Akce Korian seems to suffer from a bad reject map). BTW, I found it via another Czech site that features a wide variety of other Czech wads, many of which aren't in the archive. One curiosity is a wad by Adolf "Gusta" Vojta which includes some early versions of ksutra maps.

Just grabbed the maps from there. Thanks.

Should be fun today while waiting out the snow storm that has settled over me.

Hey Searcher, by anychance are you in Colorado? We've got a pretty tough snow storm that's settled on us. Right now, I bet we've got about 12 inches of snow on the ground.

Grazza: You made me smile that you found my old wad, how did you manage it? You know czech? :)))
I thought we will place that curious old wad to ksutra-n for download. Maybe there will be once a strong demopack for these maps, who knows? :)

Btw, for fort5 I did a maxrun through the whole game in 9:57, where could I upload? :)

PS: Try fort 1-4 too, it's a fun (very easy) play and nice design.

Gusta said:

Grazza: You made me smile that you found my old wad, how did you manage it? You know czech? :)))

I just did a Google web search for sites with doom wads, and this one came up (I forget the exact search criteria I used - maybe I included the word "Czech" because I was really looking for another site). No, I don't know Czech, I'm afraid, but was able to guess enough of the words to navigate the site.

Btw, for fort5 I did a maxrun through the whole game in 9:57, where could I upload? :)

If you e-mail it to me, I'll upload it to http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo and place a link to it in a thread where you have mentioned it.

Gusta said:

I thought we will place that curious old wad to ksutra-n for download. Maybe there will be once a strong demopack for these maps, who knows? :)

OK, then... This is a DooM .LMP "pekeln-n" Entry - Please forward it... :)
"Pekelna vsehochut" by Adolf Vojta, E2M2 UV Speed in 0:05. The trick is a little bit like the one in ks19.

Overall, I think the wad is a bit too uneven for there to be much interest in a demopack though.

I was kidding, I know it's very old... I have at home my own demopack for it though. e.g. try e2m5 in 4secs.. it's something like e2m2-005.
On the other hand, while Method was playing this wad, he came with an idea that we could do some MW for doom2, so maybe it's not too bad :)
But you could give me an advice.. I thought for our next project I will redo at least one of these old maps to doom2 shape... But which one?

Oh and I am sending to you that demo for Fort5!

Grazza edit: Here's the link: for5-957.

As you can see, I have placed a link to the Fort5 movie in your post.

Gusta said:

But you could give me an advice.. I thought for our next project I will redo at least one of these old maps to doom2 shape... But which one?

Actually, it's a little while since I played through the maps, and I don't remember them all too clearly. E2M7 and E2M9 were quite memorable though.