Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SulfurOccult

worst ideas ever

i've just stopped myself from making a wad that would probably send some doomers somewhere in the world to the hospital.

my idea was to make an animated texture, with one frame black, and the next white, with only about 5 or 10 tics in between...and to make a whole level nothing but this texture. well, maybe not a whole level, maybe a room. either way, it would send anybody with epilepsy into a seizure, like my dog and those strobing pagoda fireworks. luckily i went to the bathroom and in route i lost my nerve for the project.

does anybody else have something to top that, or am i the sickest fuck here?

my idea was to make an animated texture, with one frame black, and the next white, with only about 5 or 10 tics in between...and to make a whole level nothing but this texture. well, maybe not a whole level, maybe a room. either way, it would send anybody with epilepsy into a seizure, like my dog and those strobing pagoda fireworks. luckily i went to the bathroom and in route i lost my nerve for the project.

If I wanted something like that I'd just play 8-Bit DM.

Once I started on a Matrix TC for vanilla Doom. I had worked out how to do bullet-time effect (which actually worked!). It was going to be a megawad, but I only finished about 24 maps. I had made hundreds of new HiRes textures and it could have seriously been one of the greatest projects in the history of Doom.

Then I decided to wake up and realise it was all a dream...
:-P

I was working on a 'The Guardian Legend' mod for doom2.exe. Problem is, I totally sucked and so did the mod. I ended up trashing it. Although you have to admit, a TGL mod would be kinda cool >_>

A while ago I mucked about and tried to make made wow.wad worse: wow_y.zip. E2M8 - no specific port needed, though the appearance and the behaviour will vary slightly depending on what you use.

Grazza said:

A while ago I mucked about and tried to make made wow.wad worse

Hey it's not that baaad. Personally, I find the music awesome.

And honestly... how did it make it through nodebuilder?

ellmo said:

And honestly... how did it make it through nodebuilder?

I used WadAuthor, and it didn't complain.

Dwango2006

It would be just D5m1 filling all 32 map slots but with minor modifications, with taglines "The best wad ever". (Not to be confused with The Best WAD ever)

An almost similar project was done by the preceding year (Dwango2005) and was rejected

it was 2001..and i decided to Start a project called NHFL...and then Diecided to continue it with NHFL EP II Fate

Grazza said:

A while ago I mucked about and tried to make made wow.wad worse: wow_y.zip. E2M8 - no specific port needed, though the appearance and the behaviour will vary slightly depending on what you use.

At least that version has an exit.

kristus said:

it was 1998 and I decided to start working on a wad called Nimrod.

what

nimrod was awesome :(

DoomedAce said:

Yeah, and almost does not allow IDDQD... Even uses the VooDoo doll effect.

Nightmares of Loki e3m1. First sublevel. Kind of the same, but not really. The rest of the wad has some other odd parts here and there but all and all its crap. I can say that because I made it. Though others have said it too.

[Mute it for best experience]
That was before I started making my own music
Its more of a 'the creator was just bored and wasn't really trying most of the time' wad.

"Woooo, trippy man."

sorry.

The sky may be

I considered making an "updated" Sky may be for EDGE, using that port's abilty to make an even more annoying wad, like having enemies with no clipping that can't be killed and follow you reletlessy everywhere repeating some unfunny phrase from spongebob or invader zim or some shitty cartoon, as well as a staircase made out of two-sided linedefs and thin extrafloors (so it looks like its made from paper) that goes miles into the sky and just ends, or a massive, winding crate maze with "omg teh grate reward iz at the end!!", and when you get there its one health potion, then a load of lifts activate and the whole layout of the maze changes so you have to find your way out again...

DoomedAce said:

Yeah, sorry about that. I've always had a strange liking for the idea of a map where you exit if you do absolutely nothing, but die (without exiting) otherwise. It would be great (well, sort of) to have a map like that where the whole sequence takes a few minutes, involving archie blasts, cyber rocketings, etc.

Grazza said:

Yeah, sorry about that. I've always had a strange liking for the idea of a map where you exit if you do absolutely nothing, but die (without exiting) otherwise. It would be great (well, sort of) to have a map like that where the whole sequence takes a few minutes, involving archie blasts, cyber rocketings, etc.

I suppose one could build a big room (a square, for example) stuffed with megaspheres, have the room surrounded by archies and give the room the "die=exit" sector type. Cyberdemons could work too, though in that case it would be possible to be splattered too early by one of their rockets. Which wouldn't be that much "fun"

Every project I start and then forget about after 10% is dfinished.

i had an idea that would probably crash doom. 1x128 textures, 128 tall 1 wide. vertices allll along the wall. every other texture would scroll east, the leftover textures would scroll west. this would of course be using a newer port that allows this to happen. i really need to start messing with the gX line commands.

i've done something strange before but just 8x8. a level on the infamous 99 loki episode 4 did too, not sure which level, that was all stairs. they were to emulate going down a hill but they still just look like red stairs. more mountainous than standard stairs of course, but i think they were 8x8 as well. I was thinking of making real 3D mountains in vanilla doom. or at least emulate ramps. 1x1 stairs. but with the mountain idea 1x1 square stairs. it would of course end up pyramids that way though.

Grazza said:

--- start on Lava floor that ends when it reaches below a certain percentage health. thats vanilla doom stuff man :P

e1m8, kill the barons, lower the wall on the star battle platform thingy, head north flip switch climb stairs go through big teleport... right before the endtext, you go through the sequence where you do nothing but die. there are enemies surrounding you in pitch black. apparently this is you dying and going to hell? i never really got it. it was a cool way to end the shareware though.