Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomsoldier

Favorite Weapon

Non-berserk fist. Great for moving barrels around when pistol ammo is in short supply.

Grazza said:

Non-berserk fist. Great for moving barrels around when pistol ammo is in short supply.

I think there's a gravity gun for that now.

My favourite is the single barrelled shotgun.

When I tried zdaemon when I was on my 56k modem, it turned out that my ping was that bad (around 400), that both the single barrelled and the double barrelled shotguns behaved like ancient muzzle loaders, the delay between hitting the trigger button and the release of the shot counted in seconds.

So I found the chainsaw and the machinegun to be clever weapons for me, since they are running or shooting continuously.

Well, now I finally have dsl...

Death comes quickly.

My favorite weapon's monster infighting.

Well, since we're not restricted to Doom weapons anymore, I'll have to say... the Denouncer. Such a shame that the project with it as a weapon will probably never get off the ground and I don't want to release too much info. :P Just think of the EFC 24000... only much more destructive.

Nmn said:

I'm sick of Stock Doom weapons.

I'm with you there. I've always loved the Napalm Cannon in WW-XM.

All the weapons, since they are pretty well balanced and serve a specific purpose. As for most used weapons, the shotguns probably, since I love shotguns.

Depends on the monster I'm fighting.

Generally Shotgun with the sound of blade13.wad, and SSG.
I like the RocketL. a lot, but I keep saving ammo all the time so I rarely use it. But I love the "slop" (gib) effect when it hits former humans, imps or such stuff. Plasma is fine agains tons of lost souls or e few larger ones, but I rarely see anything through the stream of plasma. BFG is fun, too, but eats up ammo, so I keep saving it... (sometimes I still have my 600 cells untouched after fighting a Cyb e.g. @ E2M8). The Chaingun is fine for smaller ones and painframers at long distance, but after a good chainsaw action session the ammo is really low. And I would expect more damage and better sound from some kind of minigun.
Saw is nice against demons/spectres and the berserk punch is nice against everything that isn't fast enough. Makes nice gibs out of smaller folks.
Pistol is only used for aimed shooting at some barrels or if I damaged an Imp for example but didn't kill him with the SG. So 1 or 2 pistol bullets should do it. So it's nice for shell-saving.

It's also interesting to play around with deh and have funny results. (reduce mass or change flying speed of plasma bullets, so you can paint nice 3dimensional pictures...)

(Btw. the shotgun/SSG is so universal I also use it in other games a lot (DN, Blood1, Q1/2,...). I just like it's range of use, the sound, everything.)