Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
logidoom

Classic Ultimate DOOM and DOOM 2 on XBOX BUGS

have been playing the classic ULTIMATE DOOM and DOOM 2 games that are on my CE of XBOX DOOM 3.....

havent played DOOM 2 much, but i can tell you that there are some noticeable bugs in ULTIMATE DOOM....

Trying to get to any of the secret levels without using cheats (e1m9, e2m9, e3m9, e4m9) results in crashing the system. No joke. I dunno wheter its because they left out those maps (dunno why they would, since everything else is pretty much intact to the PC version), or somethings is worng with the code.

Another pisser, as far as i can see, is that the Sky textures are ALL the same as "Knee Deep in the dead"..... the mountains..... in e2m2, the sky texture is the same as episdoe 1, same with episode 3 and 4. Kind of a bitch in a buzz-saw..... its probably a glitch or bad coding.... i doubt they seriously intended to make it that way. I mean common.... why would they leave anything out on a 12MB game?

well, not LOTS of bugs... but those are two i can point the finger at VV for...

They better release an update for the game via XBOX LIVE if they want people to buy D3 CE....

Lizardcommando said:

It crashed every time you go to the secret maps? That's odd. I was able to get to E1M9 without the X-box crashing on me.

I just checked and it works fine for me, too.

logidoom said:

have been playing the classic ULTIMATE DOOM and DOOM 2 games that are on my CE of XBOX DOOM 3.....

havent played DOOM 2 much, but i can tell you that there are some noticeable bugs in ULTIMATE DOOM....

Both games are loaded with bugs, but most of them come straight from the PC originals... from little quirks like wall-running, to the ghost-monster bug, all the way to the map-30 save/load crash.

Haven't experienced any problems with secret levels, though (either with the expected secret maps, or the special Xbox bonus maps). They're in the game, and you should be able to get to them, cheating or not.

Maybe if you can try your game on a friend's Xbox, you can see if there's something going on with your copy of the game, or your Xbox...

off topic:
Hey Led, just curious, when are you gonna update your comparison guide to include the XBox versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom 2?

After pushing some buttons while playing xbox doom I found there was cheats but couldn't remember what they were. Special maps for Xbox doom you say?

I got CE for classic doom Co-op,even though i would have rather seen it Horizontally split and not Vertically split.

some cheats i encountered (heh i was wallhumping when playing e1m1 with my eyes closed..dontask) were

hold sprint trigger and press A several times
i forgot the other codes (specifically) but theyre similar
hold sprint trigger and press B several times

you get iddqd and idkfa cheats this way when you hear a cyberdemon roar.

im sure there are others accomplished in this pattern

*googles* Pom popom *copy/paste*

Doom Ultimate and Doom 2: Cheat mode
Platform: Xbox

Enter one of the following codes during game play. A sound will confirm correct code entry. Repeat the code to disable its effect.

Toggle God And Degreelessness Mode (iddqd)
Hold L and press A(4).

All Weapons, Health, Keys, And Armor (idkfa)
Hold L and press B(4).

Temporary Invincibility (idbeholdv)
Hold L and press X(4).

Full Map (idbeholda)
Hold L and press Y(4).

Berserk Mode (idbeholds)
Hold L and press X(3), Y.

End Level (???)
Hold L and press A(2), B(2).

Chainsaw (idchoppers)
Hold L and press B(2), A(2).

Invisibility (idbeholdi)
Hold L and press X(2), Y(2)

Light Amplification Goggles (idbeholdl)
Hold L and press Y(3), X.

Radiation Suit (idbeholdr)
Hold L and press X, Y(3).

footman said:

Hey Led, just curious, when are you gonna update your comparison guide to include the XBox versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom 2?

Probably be a couple weeks yet. Free time I ain't got these days. :/

Technician said:

After pushing some buttons while playing xbox doom I found there was cheats but couldn't remember what they were.

Xbox UDoom/Doom II cheat info, in detail.

Special maps for Xbox doom you say?

Try Sewers and Betray for starters.
For what it's worth, SEWERS.WAD can also be found in the Doom 1 WADs section of Maximum Doom (PC "Master Levels for Doom II" CD), among other places.