Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyberdemon666JV

Doom Action Figure

Hey, after seeing so many posts of MmM's awesome sculptures and that wicked legodemon, i decided i really wanted a doom action figure, so for the last 3 days ive been in my basement ,apart from working and going to the bathroom , carving a doom marine out of wood, and painting him, hes nowhere even close to being done yet, but a glimpse of what i have done is here

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/switch108-pic.jpg

with the marine im making

chainsaw, pistol, double barrel shotty, chaingun, rocket launcher, plasma rifle, the bfg, medkit, and a backpack. If you can think of any other accessories lemme know, n tell me what u think. also im making the head switchable between helmet and without, but for the helmet im not liking the blue, and dont feel like painting a lil face in, if u have any other ideas for color lemme know that too.

Jesse vaillancourt

hay not bad. I would sugest using clay as wood carving is a pain. perhaps you could spray the helmet glass with some metalic paint. like the Halo Action figures :)

He looks like the Marine from Doom64. I like it very much :)

Looks pretty good so far, but it is a little bit on the blocky side - that's all right though, gives it kind of a Kubricks look. Wood is an interesting choice - it is a lot of work, but use whatever medium you see fit.

When I made the helmet for my Doom Marine, I used some shiny paper from a magazine for the faceplate - it gave it that reflective look, without having to bother with paint or gloss. If you really want to go for a realistic look, use some transparent plastic and have an actual face behind the visor.

As far as accessories go - go for broke and make 'em all. I was going to make 'em all when I did mine, but my interest kind of waned after a while and I only made the ones I did.

yeah hes a bit blocky i just finished painting him, and im working on the accessories right now. i think the blockiness isnt too bad though i did a bit more sanding since that pic but yeah woods hard to work with, but looks pretty kick ass in the end. for the helmet i painted the face plate darksilver and melted hotglue over top of it to make it more glassy looking.