Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Refueling Base - D3 Sp map

Ugh, finally my second Doom3 SP map is nearing completion! This map will feature the same classic doom gameplay that I had in my previous d3 map, T-Labs.

Unlike the other one, this one won't require so much backtracking, and I hope I can get the ammo/health balanced right this time. If anyone would like to sign up for beta testing once its done, please email me if interested.
This map will be fully completed by the end of April..

Anyways here's are some screenshots.

Looks very nice!
Does the map resemble in any way the respective Doom2 map, or is it just the name... i can´t seem to identify any original areas (what´s not bad at all!)

Actually, yes, its based on Doom2's Refueling Base, and there is one area (the pic of the fat zombie) that resembles the yellow key area. Doesn't look exactly the same, but the path structure is similar.

Kaiser said:

Actually, yes, its based on Doom2's Refueling Base, and there is one area (the pic of the fat zombie) that resembles the yellow key area. Doesn't look exactly the same, but the path structure is similar.

That's awesome, I'd like to see more Doom2 inspired Doom3 maps.

If someone does e4m6 in doom3 with new textures I will give said person(s) a big big kiss.

Great map! I wasn't so sure that Doom 2 styled gameplay would work within the Doom 3 world but this is a nice hybrid of the two. There were a couple of spots where I ran dangerously low on ammo [right before the Broken Bridge objective was one such spot although I found some ammo tucked away down the steps] and a couple of situations where I wasn't so sure I'd make it out alive, but I managed!

Just to let those know, a version for the Resurrection of Evil expansion is availible here
http://www.pcgamemods.com/12337/

And yes there are a few changes in the monster placement as well as moving the ammo to easier to see areas.

Great attention to detail. If only there where more Doom2 inspiered maps for Doom3.