Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

Chrono_T said:

The thing is that you will not tell me WHY you won't make me any more weapons.

Maybe it´s because you´ll rip off every weapon you got into your hands anyway.
Regardless if the author gives permission or not...

Just a thought, but this would clearly be the reason for me, not to make you any kid of graphics... EVER :p

Hmm, let me ask you, did corey whittle ever ask 3d realms for permission to use the shadow warrior weapons for icd-se? Did he ask to use weapons from from valve games (the sniper rifle for Icd-deh and the zombies weapon mod addon?) I mean, sure he did modify them greatly, but they still belong to the companies. Do you think that he went up in their forums to ask them if he can use them, or did he email the companies? Did I ever see in on one of icd-se's review about the weapons( I bet now someone will go in there and review it to prove me wrong)? Hell, even WW and xaser ripped/took some weapons without permission (even some weapons not from games, but from the doomers. Remember the D2.5 chaingun in warzone-x?), but they do modify it, and look, I awlays modify my weapon with new muzzle fire.

I don't think so, but at least they are in the credits. As long as they are in the credits, then everything is pretty much a-ok. I think people just have a general disliking of me, because I never seen you question them.

Sitters-I can't find the image. And You'll have to wait until I'm done with the stuff others asked me to do too.

Zeg-looks pretty good, tough I can't make up what model it is, unless it's an abstract one. Blood seems a bit cartoony (too bright and too saturated). Blood is often darker and smudged. Use the smudge tool if anything. If it's metalic It could also use more contrast.

And I also like to ask not to turn this thread into a ripping and permission rant. Thanks in advance.

Again I say sorry nmn, i'll leave tht alone.

Nice smg zeg, but the blood is too bright. Can you make it a bit darker?

Zeg-Vok: Your SMG is good enough, but it's anti-aliased on the edges and rather blurry, and it's not exactly clear that it's an SMG - but it's better than some other SMG's I've seen around.

Chrono_T: I'm sorry to say that it would probably be best for all of us for you to just leave this thread alone.

Nope, not gonna happen. This is the only thread on DW that I like unfortinatly, the rest are just... eh. There really isn't any other threads that I like. I don't know why, but this thread just has that certain specialness to it that attracts me, or maybe it's the guns.

Chrono_T said:

Thats an... odd harpoon gun.

Yes something else then laser beams and rockets.

Is not that, it's just that, well, that is really an odd looking harpoon gun. Most likely a futuristic harpoon gun, because that would make people heh in today's world, I think.

sitters said:

Yes something else then laser beams and rockets.

I think it means that it's an odd example of a harpoon gun, rather than it's odd because it's a harpoon gun.

BTW laser guns aren't a common occurence at all. Plasma guns/rifles and blasters yes, but guns that fire laser beams are rare in the extreme.

Heh, actually nightmare B is the weapon, nightmare A is the giant version of the weapon, and a boss too. Ha ha, good ol DMC.

Xenophon said:

Heh, I like it. Something to restrict people to in underwater areas. :P

I'd really like to see some underwater Doom mod, or at least a nice underwater level (so far I've only seen Cod map 03 and SSD Ocean City zone).

Vegs said:

Hey Nmn!
How's there? Do you think you could (some time, after KDiZD, if you're interesed)convert this

Nope, not gonna happen. Rather remake the mosnter from scratch :) rather then manipulation. The Powerslave spidey is a good reference tough.

TheDarkArchon said:

NMN: Can you do me an uzi with a minigun-style at the front. I can't do anything decent with handheld weapons. :(

|   |_|
       |   |
       |   |
       ----- 
        | |
        |_|
VERY basic idea in ASCII image above.

WHOA!

let me get other stuff sorted out first :)

sitters said:

NiGHTMARE/A laser beam is not nice ?.
Cutting the enemy in two peaces.

Lasers don't always have to cut the enemy to pieces. I prefer disintegration >:D Nice and quick and leaves no mess.

Nmn said:

Nope, not gonna happen. Rather remake the mosnter from scratch :) rather then manipulation. The Powerslave spidey is a good reference tough.

Yay! Cool, you are a proud artist, don't you? Where did/do you learn to draw like that?

sitters said:

NiGHTMARE/A laser beam is not nice ?.
Cutting the enemy in two peaces.

I was merely saying such weapons seem to be rather rare in Doom weapon packs (and other FPS' as well). No opinion was expressed :).

Nmn said:

Yay, cool, you are a very proud artist, don't you? Where did/do you learn to draw like that? I don't want to be a boot kisser, but your presence as a designer/artist is the major atractive imo of KDiZD.

Well I learn from books mostly (Praise Loomis) and from life I guess. It just got to me. Pixel art is one of my favorite mediums, or techniques, whatever name fits this activity most. I like giving life to sprites but really I'd like to try myself at modelling some time in the future.

Oh, I'm not the greatest man in KDiZD team. Vader, another great artist there taught me a thing or two too ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

I was merely saying such weapons seem to be rather rare in Doom weapon packs (and other FPS' as well). No opinion was expressed :).

And for good reason, the seconds between ticks needs to be just right to give the appearance of Beam weapons

You know how hitscans . . . hit instantly, well, why doesnt someone make something were it draws a line between the Shooter and the place with the bullet hit?

It would be cool if one could use particles to simulate bullet tracers, a la Goldeneye.

Zeg-Vok said:

(...)hy doesnt someone make something were it draws a line between the Shooter and the place with the bullet hit?

Ever heard of a Railgun?

Yeah, but it has that swirly. I think hes saying like, the Halo sniper trails and stuff. I like the idea, but there is no way short of editing ZDoom's source to manipulate particles that way as of right now