Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

Spider Shot ChillerCastle

sitters said:

You've use back-slashes instead of forward slashes in your links to the pictures there, so they don't work.

sitters said:

I am always searching in the games I have buy,

From unreal, unreal tournament 2003/2004, unreal awakening, Doom3, far cry, half life, halflife2 , quake 2/3, riven, hitman, chaser , dues ex etc.

and then modify them.

aww :( here's me hoping there'd be another talented author to rope into contributing to freedoom :)

Mancubus II said:

My apologies if this has been asked in one of your previous threads, but where do you get all of your hires textures?

Most look like they're from Unreal games.

I just played Aztec and I am really looking forward to this one. Did you also make an Egyptian themed Map?

Sitters, you rule! I've just played through The Aztec and Hell on Egypt and am thoroughly impressed and amazed as to what the Doomsday engine can do (after I figured out how to get it running properly). I had no idea DoomII could look so good and retain old school play. I am salivating waiting for Chiller Castle as it looks completely awesome. Sort of a Hexen look to it, but much improved.

I may get flamed for saying this (and for being mostly a lurker on this forum) but I enjoy your maps with 3d models more than Doom 3.

Peace out, and please keep up the stellar work.

OldMan said:

Sitters, you rule! I've just played through The Aztec and Hell on Egypt and am thoroughly impressed and amazed as to what the Doomsday engine can do (after I figured out how to get it running properly). I had no idea DoomII could look so good and retain old school play. I am salivating waiting for Chiller Castle as it looks completely awesome. Sort of a Hexen look to it, but much improved.

I may get flamed for saying this (and for being mostly a lurker on this forum) but I enjoy your maps with 3d models more than Doom 3.

Peace out, and please keep up the stellar work.

Thanks,

I am a old fellow that by accident find the doomsday engine, I saw the possibility’s of the engine, and looked for maps. But I dint find much maps that use the features of doomsday.
So It is a new challenge for my hobby, to make maps for doomsday and let the people see what doomsday can do.

Kind regards.

I would love to see you make an true hellish level,that combined with the features of doomsday would look awsome.
I like hellish levels myself,and hard ones are even better IMO.

dutch devill said:

I would love to see you make an true hellish level,that combined with the features of doomsday would look awsome.
I like hellish levels myself,and hard ones are even better IMO.

Yea I shall try to make a hell level, but the hell how looks the hell ?
Much fire, lave and caves ?

Greetings.

sitters said:

Much fire,lava and caves ?

Yes and a nice hellish red sky would be cool also,and don't forget to put in those skelletons:)

Chrono_T said:

Actually, there is a lot more lava, and also a lot (and I mean a lot) of demonic statues, buildings, temples, tombs, growths of flesh, plenty of dead bodies in the most gorey or sacrificial ways, and the evilest scenery, and ect...

Don't forget the pentagrams and bahomets!

I say again. You see, the doom hell is different from the biblical hell.

bartwart said:

What palette are you using? Make it available (or tell us where it is).

This is for Doomsday, so there is no palette.

oh, and sitters is a god.

Thanks,

For the comment,
when I read this I must do a lot of modeling work for creating a good hell,
Caves with stalactites and stalagmites,
Floating lava.
Much fire.
A world of madness.

The idée is coming, but it takes a lot computer power and I hope I can manage it with the FPS.

Kind regards

A world of madness.

Definetly. I'm bored of cliched depictions of hell. Try something new.

I think you could make something pretty sweet with this theme.

Chiller Castle looks cool too. Needs more cobwebs though.

dutch devill said:

How does biblical hell look like,sorry to ask this cause I dont read the bible.
Im a bit of a non-believer.

Not that this has any bearing on anything, but Biblical hell isn't given much of a description in the Bible. For that you'll have to look towards the descriptions given in christian artwork and sermons post the establishment of the Catholic church. Attending earlier Christian churches was much like attending a modern horror film showing. Many attempted to terrorize people with elaborate descriptions of all sorts of hellish things. For some reason, emphasizing the terror aspects of Christianity was a good way to keep people coming to Church. Today's Christians are just pansies; with their cozy mega-Churches with bookstores and Starbucks. Back in the day there was a mortal sense of urgency.

DaniJ said:

Needs more cobwebs though.

Cobwebs is going beyond my English. What do you mean ?

Chrono_T said:

Aka spiderwebs. They would fit well in this castle map you made.

Yea spiderwebs is a good idea, I make a model.

sitters said:

idée

English for this is idea.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to help with your English, I know what its like to have to speak in a foreign language, and its useful to get help.

Where are you from, anyway? idée is French...

Back on topic...
The map looks great,hope it plays great too, and I can't wait to see Hell done in such a good and intense graphical style.

Nick Perrin said:

Where are you from, anyway? idée is French...

He comes from the netherlands you know wooden shoes,tulips,red light district,weed:)

On topic
I hope you can pull of an nice hellish level,if the fps can hack it that is :)

I agree Sitters rocks!

Sweet screenshots, can't wait.