Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeerSlinger

Online Play

Hey,

I'm hoping that my small problem is easy but I'm not quite sure what to do. Frankly I hadn't played Doom 3 much not because I didn't like it but because my video card couldn't handle it...

But now I have a new one....I would admit, that I like playing single player but after awhile, I really have to do some fragging online. But since I've put my new card in, i've tried to pull up online servers and the server list is always empty. I've tried getting a new list, refreshing the list and even tring to switch back and forth between LAN and internet to try to get it to refresh.....but its almost like it's not connecting to the server.

Has anyone ever had Doom 3 siecing to communicate?......I'm a bit baffeled by this?!?!

Don't know......Frankely, one of the first things I thought of and didn't mention was to push the button "Updates"........and it says none available.....

Is there something I should check for further? I don't know if its accurate but on the console it says "version 1.0.1282"..........Maybe i'm being too trusting but wouldn't ID have picked that up with the update-check?

If I need an update, where do I go?

BeerSlinger said:

If I need an update, where do I go?

Doom3.com or d3files.com are your best bet.

As for not seeing a list of servers availible is odd..but when refreshing try waiting for at least 2 minutes. It usually takes a while for Doom3 to gather the server list.

Have you checked your firewall to see if it's blocking doom3 from making network connections?

I got it running.........I wish I could find out why its running now but I'm afraid for that only ID would know.

Basically, I tore it down to basics. Before I did anything, I killed every program that I could find running outside of the system programs(and there is no system firewall) and that didn't work. Then I uninstalled it and then Killed the (drive):\Program Files\Doom 3 folder with the exception of the mod that I wanted to keep. Then I installed the game.....didn't work. Then I threw in the D3_1_1.exe patch in........and that didn't work. So I threw my favorite mod back on because I didn't think that would mess with anything and I checked the router.

I looked at the firewall and it was still at the same setting. Basically it is set to hide my static IP and allow WAN transfur. Once I started going through the advanced options, I noticed that there were some settinging that I had added to I've forgotten about. Awhile back I was playing with NAT in an attempt to try to get a better connection for some programs that use some of the higher, unmanaged ports. Well, it didn't work or wasn't nessiscary and I abandoned that attempt.....Well, I killed it and the list came up instantly.....

I'm finding the solution more baffeling then the problem but I don't know how the code is structured for doom....because the ports I was using were quite high....