Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
captmellow

Diluted:

I was wondering if you intended to use the word "deluded" as in "delusional, having delusions," etc. rather than using the word for "watered down", i.e. "diluted". I began to suspect that it was a misused homonym when I saw another person use the word in that manner. Anyway, if using the word "deluded" was your intention, you may want to correct that.

Maybe he intentionally used the word "diluted" for his username. Maybe he's watered down. :)

I don't know many people who can confuse deluded and diluted.

I saw someone use it in a phrase here that went something like "smoking too much weed will get you diluted".

i used diluted as in watered down...also its a song title from my fav song from slipknot. diluted.....like orange concentrate when u add water...hah

...also its a song title from my fav song from slipknot.

I hate slipknot. They're a bunch of fagets.
They make pussy-music.
They look like those N-Sync guys... Ok, I'm done.

I must admit that I don't like slipknot...but they don't look like n'sync...not really...I mean, they look like faggots, but they don't look nearly as gay as a boyband

<streamOfConsciousness>
i enjoy slipknot, mudvayne, disturbed & quite a bit of the other new stuff that is out. the stations in chicagoland need to refresh their playlists though. they play the cart touting how thy have "new music" & then they play lenny kravitz's "fly away". aaaaggghhh. i'm tired of lifehouse's "hanging by a moment" & the uncle cracker song. i also wish they would play something else from lateralis besides schism. and how about some more of boy hits car? "i am a cloud" is great.
</streamOfConsciousness>

radio sucks. napster is sucking also. bear share is perfect....movies mpeg mp3 u name it ull find it ...same structure as napster

I saw someone use it in a phrase here that went something like "smoking too much weed will get you diluted".

yea that was doom childs retarded fagget ass. he was tryin to rip on me and it failed miserably

...also its a song title from my fav song from slipknot.

I hate slipknot. They're a bunch of fagets.
They make pussy-music.
They look like those N-Sync guys... Ok, I'm done.

how just how exactly do they make pussy music. whats hard to u? metallica or sum wack bullshit, or is it fuckin black sabbath and the rest of that 80's shit

radio sucks. napster is sucking also. bear share is perfect....movies mpeg mp3 u name it ull find it ...same structure as napster

screw bear share. get kazaa.

http://www.kazaa.com/

how just how exactly do they make pussy music. whats hard to u? metallica or sum wack bullshit, or is it fuckin black sabbath and the rest of that 80's shit

Compare Slipknot to the likes of Marduk or Darkthrone, then you'll see :p

[Wasn't aimed at me; just thought I'd give my 2p :)]

Marduk is pretty silly too.

Go more along the lines of Strapping Young Lad.

Actually diluted, the newer Black Sabbath stuff from the early 90's is harder than slipknot, and so is a lot of 70's, early 80's (Although there were 2 tracks on Ram it Down that were harder than hell, too) and 90's Judas Priest (Defenders of the Faith (1984) is one of their hardest before Painkiller and Jugulator, and Live '98 is even harder). So is mid-80's metallica. So is Pantera. So is Primal Fear. So is White/Rob Zombie. So is Halford (Think Metal God/Queen) So is some stuff that Steve Vai plays. Is a fair bit of Dream Theatre. So is Godsmack(although not much harder), So is Motorhead. So is Rammstein...Hell, so is a lot of the shit I listen to. I think you're confusing dark with hard, because Slipknot is very dark, but it is not hard as hell, like the above stuff I mentioned. But I wouldn't call it pussy music. Pussy music is pop, 'nuff said. Anyways, to each their own. But don't argue hard with metal-heads when your fave band, Slipknot, is alterna-metal. Capice?

Diluted, have you even listened to many metal groups OTHER than the more modern stuff?...and Slipknot is alternative metal, not real metal. If it was real metal, Hard Radio would play it. Sure, Black Sabbath wasn't incredibly hard in the 70's until Paranoid came around (at least from the stuff I heard, but I could be wrong), but Deep Purple, one of the pioneers of metal (and Black Sabbath would become one, and Judas Priest after them) was hard as hell long before Black Sabbath (Think smoke on the water). And during the 80's, there were a few "hard" metal groups that emerged, such as Metallica(which would sell out later and soften both image AND sound), Twisted Sister(which would later disband anyways), The Scorpions (or maybe they came around in the 70's, but Rock You Like a Hurricane was in the 80's), and few others. But yeah, there was a lot of shit in the 80's, too. Judas Priest's releases Turbo (which had one good song on it) in '86 and Ram it Down(which had 4 good songs on it) in '88 were both commercial albums and were worse than Def Leppard...which is another example of cheese metal from the 80's...although they DID have a few good songs...but that's beside the point...they also still do their stuff today. Poison was also, I hate to say it, a commercial metal group. And G'n'R wasn't very hard either, actually, but they were pretty good...and AC/DC...they're good, but they really aren't metal. More like an Australian ZZ Top. Anyways, that's my say on 80's metal...but the 70's and 90's is way harder than that era, and that is the truth. But it doesn't mean the 80's weren't hard.

You're going to be a grumpy old man some day tired of all the 'new music' and your kids are gonna dance around you saying your not hip. BAHAHHAHA

Hey! Do not bring me into it :)

What???

Heh Heh. I like GnR, AC/DC, Metallica Kiss.
Korn, Limp Bizkit. Stuff like that.
Rob Zombie is Ok too
Rammstien (Aww I never get these dudes name right)

Now....(Rant Mode)

AC/DC ROCK, But they ain't an Aussie ZZ top.
They are an 80's rock band. Ok althought I think
most of them are now in their 50's but they
are still good.

They are also not "hard stuff"
Like Slipknot Which I hate mind you
Gothic Faggots. Grrrrrr
Those bands oughta be grabbed by
there Neck Chokers and thrown off a
fucking cliff.

(Rant Mode over)

ZZ top are good too.

I was big into Sabbath (the Osbourne years anyway--Iommi has been beating a dead horse for years). I owned Just about all the albums w/ Ozzy singing.

Big Motorhead fan as well Ace of Spades was a classic album, as was Iron Fist. I even checked out some older Lemmy when he was with Hawkwind.

I like older Metallica--Puppets & earlier. Especially Ride the Lightening, that is for me Metallica in absolute top form. Their current stuff (Load) is aptly named. When I heard no leaf clover I was finally convinced of what I had begin to suspect--that they had begun to suck. But I will never forget seeing Cliff Burton play Anesthesia Pulling Teeth live at the Aragon. He was going way up the neck of that bass, bending notes like a lead guitarist.

Older Maiden was another big one for me. # of the Beast was their best.

Priest had a great pair in Tipton & Downing. They way they tag-teamed through all the solos was awesome.

I loathed the pop metal/glam bands.

The newer stuff is great as well. I love how music has changed over the years, especially how it has gotten away from the glam stuff. Sure, it's still there, but the stuff from Seattle opened a dam-burst of honesty. Now, there's so many regular joes out making great music, it just seems to be so much more accessible. Plus, I always want to be hearing & enjoying what people are coming up with these days. The last thing I want to do is stagnate in my music, become locked into an era like an old grandpa--even if I am getting up there myself.

when i was five i used to listen to rush and shit...OLD SHIT
dont tell me about good music

oh and btw capt fer ur sidescroller.....if u need any level editors or whatnot let me know

You have to have heard Free Will, Tom Sawyer, Closer to the Heart, Fly By Night or Working Man... those songs are pretty universal.

Don't know...I don't listen to the radio these days cuz canadian radio sucks...despite the fact that a lot of our music groups are hailed as being totally awesome, I think it's a crock of shit...celine dion? c'mon, get real! We maybe have 3 or four really good bands these days...BNL, Treble Charger, and a few others...and no, I don't think Kittie's good either. Nothing like fem-metal...

Seems alot of posts are about music now, even if they didn't start that way...

no i moved on from rush cuz i decided my dads music was boring.....and this was when i was 5

I didn't have taste in much anything when I was 5-8. I pretty much listened to and watched whatever was in front of/given to me. I think I was raised on MC hammer and Micheal Jackson... of course it cancelled out, because I was also a beavis and butthead junkie at 5-8 :)

Damn!! I guess I was early...when I was like 3 I like ZZ Top, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Staits, Pink Floyd, George Thorogood, Fleetwood Mac, and Supertramp. My tastes didn't really evolve from that point until I turned about 11 or 12 when I got into the Eagles, some Metallica, Def Leppard (Liked it then, not too fond of 'em now), and Ratt...but I didn't really get full into metal until I was about 16 and I got some White Zombie...And then the following year, I started getting into Judas Priest, and this year Pantera...well, just a little bit. I still think Judas Priest is way better...but their new CD could suck...especially cuz the new single Machine Man sucks just a bit...but it's the first song on the new CD, so it might not be all that bad...after all, the previous CD, Jugulator had a really shitty first track, too, the title track, but it also had 5 really good songs on it, and about 3 good songs, and one mediocre song (Abductors)...the new one's supposed to have 14 on it...so...who knows?