Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Lamest weapon

What is the lamest weapon? I am not saying these guns are lame, hell most of 'em are fun but sometimes they can be a little lame.

In Doom, it's tough. Each has their own strength. I get pissed off when the plasma gun and rocket laucnher try to auto aim and miss and hit walls, but I guess I don't like the chainsaw. Sure it's useful, and gory, but I don't like the constant noise it makes, some decent patches out there replace it with cooler stuff, but it's still lame for me.
Quake... mm, never liked the Quake shotguns, probably cos Doom had the best ever shotgun, closely followed by the lovely action of the Duke Nukem shotgun (possibly the only effective weapon in Duke Nukem). ROTT was shite, double pistols were best, the bazooka thing was easily the worst. Umm, what else? Half Life rules, everthing's great in that, but, mm, I guess that Doom has the best all-round selction to this day. Doom kicks ass man, what else can I say?

In Doom, it's tough. Each has their own strength. I get pissed off when the plasma gun and rocket laucnher try to auto aim and miss and hit walls, but I guess I don't like the chainsaw. Sure it's useful, and gory, but I don't like the constant noise it makes, some decent patches out there replace it with cooler stuff, but it's still lame for me.
Quake... mm, never liked the Quake shotguns, probably cos Doom had the best ever shotgun, closely followed by the lovely action of the Duke Nukem shotgun (possibly the only effective weapon in Duke Nukem). ROTT was shite, double pistols were best, the bazooka thing was easily the worst. Umm, what else? Half Life rules, everthing's great in that, but, mm, I guess that Doom has the best all-round selction to this day. Doom kicks ass man, what else can I say?

I'd have to say the Shadow Warrior nuke. The few times I was able to join a SW game on Kali, people kept raping me with nukes. It didn't help that I was on a dial-up, either. The problem was, the nukes were waaay too easy to get.

The Reedeemer in UT is still cheap, but more balanced, because it took forever to respawn and was usualy hidden in an out-of-the-way corner of the map.

Any kind of railgun or sniper rifle that one hit kills. Also the RL from quake 1.

Sniper rifles, not just in UT, but anything. They are just an excuse for campers to...well you know. I remember when everyone was anti-camper. Now its all headshot-this and 'haha-you-never-even-saw-me-coming' that. Maybe I'm still resentful of my friends dragging me to those damnable Counter-Strike tournaments.

Anyone who spams the BFG is annoying in my book. It's all right occaisionally, as it's a part of Doom. But some people can't seem to have a hope of winning without it...

Anyone who spams the BFG is annoying in my book. It's all right occaisionally, as it's a part of Doom. But some people can't seem to have a hope of winning without it...

The BFG is fine with me, I like it, I dont really use it that much except when I have to, and if someone uses a BFG on me, I figure I didnt dodge fast enough.