Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
action_frank

doom screenshots?

hello i am new here and this is the frist doom forums i been on so forgive me if this sounds dumb

i would like to take screen shots of doom 2 but i don't know how can anybody tell me how???

Depends, ports like zdoom can bind a key to take a screenshot, ports like Doom95 and original doom2.exe need to have the -devparm mode set in the command line before execution, then F1 will take a screenshot.

Like:

c:\games\doom2\doom2.exe -devparm -warp 01 -skill 3

I find it easier to use the Print Screen key for Doom2, and then minimize and go to Paint Shop to save the file as a bitmap. I'm not sure if this works on Doom95, though.

of course in the newer ports you can bring the console down, type bind (whatever) screenshot, then just use that key to take shots.

myk said:
I find it easier to use the Print Screen

Now I recall the main reason... Doom2's PCXs don't apply any gamma correction, and that means the screen shots will be rather dark on most monitors; while a screen grab will apply the gamma level as set.

When I try the 'print screen' option, it makes the colors look all psychedelic. cool but useless.

m0l0t0v said:
When I try the 'print screen' option, it makes the colors look all psychedelic. cool but useless.

On what engine? That happened when I tried it with PrBoom, although there it matters not, as the engine saves a BMP to the DOOM directory when Print Screen's hit.

You don't need to use PrintScreen with ZDoom, just type "bind X screenshot" in the console (without the "s and where X is any key you like), and then whenever you press the key you chose it'll create a .png file.

myk said:

I find it easier to use the Print Screen key for Doom2, and then minimize and go to Paint Shop to save the file as a bitmap. I'm not sure if this works on Doom95, though.

It's been a long time since I used doom95 but I believe it works in doom95 aswell. If I recall correctly you have to set your video options to "windows" or something for it to work.