Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was making a doom2 level with Doom builder, and I tried using the bridge thing. I have no ideas on how I'm supposed to use it, so I looked at another wad. It's not helping.
Anyway, I made a series of mistakes, and tried to rectify them. For some reason, the consequence is that now whenever I open up the wad with Doom builder I can only edit level 20! (There are 20 levels in the wad, and level 20 is the one I'm talking about now.) But when I play the wad with ZDoom I can access the full 20 levels. Is there any way to get the rest back? (By the way this wad has taken me months to make so I don't want to lose it all.)

Maybe maps 01-19 are in the standard Doom2 format?

When you open your wad you should see a window with the map names and configuration. Change this from ZDoom to Doom2 when editing Doom2 levels, and back to ZDoom when editing ZDoom levels.

Alter its Z-height. Surely the option to do so must be there when you right-click on the bridge thing, somewhere.

I still don't understand. What am I supposed to alter the Z-height to? How do I set the texture?

edit: ok, got the texture, but can't seem to be able to place it right

Your map has to be in Hexen format to be able to use Z height. The option to set a Z height is on the right-bottom of the Thing properties dialog (right-click a thing). For bridge things: the Z height is a relative distance from the real floor up. So if the real floor is at 32 height and you set the thing Z height to 64, the thing will be at 96 height.

for some reason, it is working now. So the only thing I don't know is why it wasn't working before...when I tried the same things. Must have been something. Still, it will take a while before I get the hang of it.

edit: oh, and by the way, thanks

edit: And by the way, is there any possible way to change the map names? I think it has something to do with the .dbs file but I don't really know what.

Just make a .deh or .bex patch that changes the names. Try using Whacked 2. To put this into your level, you'll need to use XWE or Wintex. XWE is more user-friendly.

Hope this helps.

Funny, it doesn't work now. It worked yesterday, but it doesn't work now. I can walk underneath the bridge things, but if I try going over them it's like going into a wall.
I have the Z-height at 120, the thickness 8 and the radius 16.

| 0 |-128| 0 |

The bridge things are in between the two platforms at 0 height. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: 1 day later, they are working again, and I did nothing to change them. I'll bet you anything that tomorrow they will stop working again.