Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

Doom Builder version 1.67 released!

My TODO list is still very long, but here is some new stuff already! The major change is the Things in 3D Mode (Press T to turn on/off). When in Hexen format, you can move them up and down like you move floors up and down. You can rotate their angle with < and >. You can delete them like you delete textures and insert them with INSERT (aim at the floor/ceiling). You can also copy/paste things and there is more to come. For a full list of changes, see the changelog.

If you already have Doom Builder 1.60 or newer, you can use the patch. If you dont have Doom Builder yet or your version is older than 1.60, get the full installation. Its all still freeware and open source. Enjoy :)

EDIT: And in case you dont read the changelog; Press TAB when browsing textures/flats to see ALL textures/flats, because it will now show you only the used ones first.

Yay, things in 3d mode!
Thanks for that Codeimp :)
If only decorate entrys would be also displayed...

Very nice. When will we be able to move things in 3D mode? :)

And what about first only showing things you already used in 3D mode's thing selector? Like with textures/flats.

Is there any way Doombuilder's 3D mode can recognize flats as walls and vice versa? Zdoom allows this and doombuilder doesn't so it just displays the unknown patch or flat.

Scuba Steve said:

Is there any way Doombuilder's 3D mode can recognize flats as walls and vice versa? Zdoom allows this and doombuilder doesn't so it just displays the unknown patch or flat.

Enable "Mix Textures and Flats resources" in the "Editing" option tab.

Very nice features and they're well-executed to boot. Good job, CodeImp, I can't wait till the next releast. Though I've got to ask...doesn't this justify an update in the DoomBuilder forum? :P

CodeImp said:

What do I have to update on the DB forum?

A new version announcement thread?

heheh, how many announcements do you want me to post all over the forum? I think one in editing forums does the job :P

W00t on Codeimp for another great update.
New toys abound.

ps... NEWS THIS

I like this sprite editing in 3D mode so much,, but I did notice something odd when adding sprites while editing a map in 'Doom 2' mode. However it works perfectly in the hexen mode.

Is there a way to toggle the bounding box on the 3D things display? It would help to give me a better idea how the decorations will actually look in-game.

Also, things that are supposed to be hanging from the ceiling are displayed on the floor. It'd be nice if they were displayed hanging.

Draconio: No there is no way to turn off the bounding boxes and I did it on purpose. The bounding box is the size of the thing (so it also shows you the space the thing occupies) and it helps seeing what you are aiming at. If you wouldnt see the box, you would always have to look at the info bar to see if you're actually aiming at the wall or at some thing near your crosshair. Would get quite annoying every time you thing you aim at a wall and press DELETE and a nearby thing disappears instead of the texture :)

Infinite Ammunition: You messed with thingbox.tga to get that weird box or do you just have videocard that doesnt know how to handle alpha channels?

Bloodskull: Read.

iori said:

People will hate you if you put a shotgunner right behind the playerstart.

He's in front, I shot it from the wrong angle.

iori said:

People will hate you if you put a shotgunner right behind the playerstart.

Look at the bottom of the things. There's a small arrow indicating the direction it's looking.

iori said:

http://img203.echo.cx/my.php?image=clipboard013na.jpg

What's the point of the blue bars. You can just run around them.

Vader said:

If only decorate entrys would be also displayed...

CodeImp said:

Working on it :)

Hopefully this will solve my problem where Doom Builder crashes whenever I try to assign a texture to the front of a textureless linedef.

Finally i can fix zdctfmp map04's broken as hell thing bridges.

Thanks for the update.

It would be very good if you make support for zdoom slopes in 3d mode.
Also would be much better if you make support of legacy 3d floors in 3d mode.

MIKOLAY said:

It would be very good if you make support for zdoom slopes in 3d mode.
Also would be much better if you make support of legacy 3d floors in 3d mode.

Hey, if your gonna do that then stick EDGE 3D extra floors support in there as well :)

P.S. Actually if you do all that you could almost use the renderer as the base for a new source port which is compatible with all other source ports ;)