Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Enemy Territory sequel announced

But with a BIG twist. Quake II universe.

Announcement:

http://splashdamage.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=76&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

pic:

http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/et_quakewars/Enemy+Territory:+Quake+Wars/1/thumbs/051605_quakewars.jpg

Looks like Battlefield 2042 instead of a Quake game, but I have to admit I'm excited about objective based teamplay with rocketlaunchers and railguns.

ohohoho fuck yea.
Might lag like shit though.
And will it still be free?

ET was the free multiplayer expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. And a funny alien in the movie 'E.T.: The Extraterrestrial'.

iori said:

And a funny alien in the movie 'E.T.: The Extraterrestrial'.

For something that was supposed to be a member of an intelligent race, ET sure seemed retarded..."Reeses PIECES."

Anyway, I have to say this looks rather interesting. Hopefully the game turns out to be less of a Battlefield clone and more like a MMO version of Quake 2 deathmatch with vehicles. However, if anything "realistic" is added to the game to make it more omg tactical ultrarealism, I'm going to puke.

iori said:

ET was the free multiplayer expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Actually, it was a stand-alone game, not an expansion, which made it even more appealing.

BBG said:

If I can command the armor and the infantry I will be unstopable!

If I can command legions of cyberdemons then I would be unstoppible. Or if I can command the Icon of Sin I would be unstobbile. Or if....

One of the best screenshots I have ever seen.

I think I'm going to enjoy this game a lot. Wolf:ET style gameplay combined with some sort of Starship Troopers like universe should be pretty awesome.

doesn't look like anything to do with quake to me... if someone showed me that shot, I'd just assume it was the new tom clancy game.

mallis said:

doesn't look like anything to do with quake to me... if someone showed me that shot, I'd just assume it was the new tom clancy game.

I didn't think Quake but I did think a little of Doom 3 by looking at the weapons being held. Honestly though, this looks like it could be pretty bad-ass. The environment looks good, the characters look good and all those cool war-toys in the backround look fucking sweet. Too bad I'll have to wait a long time to upgrade but when I do I'll be able to play it smoothly, as I probably can't upgrade until after it comes out.

Knowning Splash Damage, I'd say we'll be seeing much much more Quake-style stuff in the near future out of it.

Pity it won't be free... that was a major appeal of ET in the first place, though not as important as the game itself.
ET owns MoH and CoD any day. Easy.

Jehar said:

Pity it won't be free... that was a major appeal of ET in the first place, though not as important as the game itself.
ET owns MoH and CoD any day. Easy.

You realize the first ET was originally intended to be commercial?

MasterOfPuppets said:

doom 3 lags hella bad online, how much better could this be?

Probabally quite a bit as since multiplayer is the centeral idea, the developers will probabally spend a large chunk of time handling the netcode.

I wanna see a multiplayer online game that is not played by the kind of 'people' who play multiplayer online games

This looks so sweet!

but...

Snarboo said:if anything "realistic" is added to the game to make it more omg tactical ultrarealism, I'm going to puke.

...yeah

I guess there wouldn't be any point in that, seeing you'll be fighting aliens in the future after all.

Anyway, that's pretty cool.

(Edit: that was a euphemism! That third screenshot kicked my ass)