Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

"Sony unveils PlayStation 3"

Looks pretty cool... did they change the controller at all? Gamecube's and X box's controller are a hell of a lot more comfortable.

I always thought the PS2 controller was the best of the three current generation consoles.

I'd rather get a new computer.

I have two consols. 1 PS1 and one GBA, and I NEVER use them. I have two computers too. I use them daily.

kristus said:

I'd rather get a new computer.

I have ... PS1... I NEVER use..

Well since all the hottest games are PS1 exclusives, I can't imagine why not! ; )

Scuba Steve said:

*yawn*

I agree. Console wars are the most uninteresting thing ever.

Look, more overpriced hardware to buy when you need the latest Madden game.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

kristus said:

I have two consols. 1 PS1 and one GBA, and I NEVER use them.

Can I have them?

MasterOfPuppets said:

looks good...controllers look...new, and i fear change.

New? Dude, it looks like a fucking boomerang.

I used to make video games on paper when I was a kid. You moved your little cutout around dodging monsters drawn on the page. I fricken rule, I've never been defeated at it.

Scuba Steve said:

I used to make video games on paper when I was a kid. You moved your little cutout around dodging monsters drawn on the page.

I did the same thing, only I wasn't smart enough to think of using a cut out as an actual playable character. The best I did were drawings of some random level of a game that I can't even believe I thought of making.

Also, I think the Revolution is the most appealing next gen console. Free WiFi internet access, backwards compatibility with the GCN, and you'll even be able to download N64, SNES, and NES games from the internet to play on the Revolution!

When I was a kid, I made a flipbook of the Doom guy wasting a hell knight with a plasma gun...then a crushing ceiling killing them both.

Job said:

When I was a kid, I made a flipbook of the Doom guy wasting a hell knight with a plasma gun...then a crushing ceiling killing them both.

I thought I was the only kid wierd enough to do something like that. I recently (a few months ago) found a book which had various drawings I did as a kid (I'm guessing about 6-7 years of age). Among them was a flipbook-like thing of doom guy blasting up the icon of sin. I look at these pictures now and think "What the hell was wrong with me?"

you'll even be able to download N64, SNES, and NES games from the internet to play on the Revolution!

Where did you hear this at?

Scuba Steve said:

I used to make video games on paper when I was a kid. You moved your little cutout around dodging monsters drawn on the page.

hey, i did that too. exept i thought of them as boared games...

To be honest, the PS3 is the most advanced machine in the gaming industry today. It eclipses the the 360 hardcore, and even slughter's today's most amazing gaming PCs.

If you've not seen the Unreal Engine 3 demos (UT2007) running on PS3 -- and especially if you've not seen Killzone 2 running on it, I urge you to seek out media and watch it.

It's in a completely different league than anything you've ever seen up to this point -- like I said, especially Killzone 2.

In fact, for me, this is the most exciting "next generation" of consoles so far in our current generation (I guess circa 1970-2005). This is the first time in decades that the consoles are absolutely blowing away the PCs in terms of power, for one. But secondly, it seems that all three of the new consoles are stepping out in new directions as far as features go. Basically, I guess it's the largest leap ever from one generation to the next, in virtually all the ways you might wonder about.

And all that "overpriced hardware" talk that some of us like to bring up is absolute garbage. Try getting a PC to run games like the 360 and PS3 will for only $300. I mean seriously, can your 3.2 GHz processor operate with 2.18 teraflops of performance? Absolutely not. That stuff isn't until probably two generations of processors from now in PCs. Just an example.

Well, here's my thoughts ..

The games will be basically rehashes of PS2 games with better graphics. Any talk of 'better gameplay' will be squashed by graphics whores drooling like maniacs at the same squalid gameplay that's been around since the PS1. Doh.

The new cell architecture is very new, and will have tons of problems. There will be plenty of DOA or short life PS3s around. Sony will try to sweep it under the rug, as usual. Except this time, it might not work so well.

The hardware is so new and advanced, that Sony will have to take a huge loss on each console just to set it at a reasonable ($299) price tag. Once again they'll make up for it by setting the prices for their games through the roof.

My opinion : Just hang on to your current systems for awhile. There are still plenty of good games on them. Wait for someone you know to buy it so you can drool at the ********** graphics, but don't bother buying it yourself for another year or two.

Your comment that PS2 didn't have any games which were innovative in terms of gameplay merely makes it clear you either haven't played many PS2 games, or you've been playing the wrong ones.

Personal experience != actual reality

And for the record, the average PS2 game is not only the same price as the average GC and X-Box game, but PS2 games tend to come out on budget a hell of a lot sooner.

Lovely, short torm memory strikes again. Reasonable price for a console? Never mind the entire fact that everytime a console gets released it starts off uber expensive then drops in price over time.

The Dreamcast? Launched expensive died painfully.
Playstation 2? Launched Expensive, stayed expensive until the xbox rocked up and then both dropped down drastically when the gamecube came out at half the price at launch.

Next gen consoles are always expensive and can always outpace a PC at launch, but Consoles stay the same for their lifespan, PC tech evolves. So the 3 consoles will as usual, start powerful then the PC charges right past. Try looking at past history folks, before spitting out useless drool.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Lovely, short torm memory strikes again. Reasonable price for a console? Never mind the entire fact that everytime a console gets released it starts off uber expensive then drops in price over time.

Never mind the costs of keeping a computer up to date so it can play the Doom 3's, Half-Life 2's and Far Cry's of the future at a decent framerate.

Mogul said:

And all that "overpriced hardware" talk that some of us like to bring up is absolute garbage. Try getting a PC to run games like the 360 and PS3 will for only $300. I mean seriously, can your 3.2 GHz processor operate with 2.18 teraflops of performance? Absolutely not. That stuff isn't until probably two generations of processors from now in PCs. Just an example.

Q: How much of this is just blowing smoke up my ass?

A: Most of it.