Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyScoots

Dusk Storm

After playing Hr2 and Kama Sutra, I kinda got inspired to start working on a such a map:

I'm not really gonna show off the juicy stuff just yet, as i still have to adjust that and add in more rooms. All I can say is this is going to be something that can allow me to show a new sided style of my skills and possibly make a enjoyable map for everyone unless they hate wads like Hr2 and Kama Sutra.

If you can get the gameplay close to HR2/Kama Sutra standards, then keep an eye on the Demos forum for speedruns of your creation... ;-)

Kristian Ronge said:

If you can get the gameplay close to HR2/Kama Sutra standards, then keep an eye on the Demos forum for speedruns of your creation... ;-)

If I ever see that happen I'd more than likely go about making a team and make a megawad. Then again my only problem with levels is lineratirity so I'm trying to fix it as much as possible.

Bloodskull said:

If I ever see that happen I'd more than likely go about making a team and make a megawad. Then again my only problem with levels is lineratirity...

Problem with what?
Anyway, why would you make one good map and then go make a team for a megawad? Why not just do it yourself, like Erik Alm did with Scythe (well with the exception of one map by Torn)?
And anyway, one good map is not incentive to go right ahead and make a megawad. Make more good maps and work your way up to the big stuff - start with 3 map mini episodes, then nine map episodes, etc etc.

Thanks for the comments guys, I see people are actually starting to enjoy what I'm doing. Right now Statistics stand at:

654 Sectors
5879-Sidedefs
3332-Linedefs
2855-Verticles
275-Things
Progress is at a steady rate, right now at 80%. I may have the level done before newstuff this week *crosses fingers* and seeing as how the onslaught of 94 to 95 wads keep coming destroying the archives 1 by 1.

Laters.

Attention Bloodskull: "Dusk Storm" as released on 05/22/05 is NOT playable in prboom, boom, and several other ports. The reason for this is the player is trapped inside a hanging corpse at the start. I'm guessing you only playtested the map with a recent version of zdoom, since that's the only port I regularly use that I could play it on.

I was going through it, thinking "This map is pretty fun, sure its challenging, HK's and Caco's while i only have the shotgun, but there is room to move and half-decent cover, so its always fair. Then i met the arch vile

deathbringer said:

I was going through it, thinking "This map is pretty fun, sure its challenging, HK's and Caco's while i only have the shotgun, but there is room to move and half-decent cover, so its always fair. Then i met the arch vile

Thats where you need to involve stradegy. Notice that you can go not only into the room with the archie, but the room with the blue lock, and across the fake bridge whenever you want to. What I would do is go over the bridge first, teleport back, grab the yellow key, megasphere, grab the ssg go through the fight and then proceed on to fighting the archvile, either that or obtaining a chaingun first.

Ah, i didnt know there was anywhere else to go, i assumed the switch opposite the vile did something, so you had to fight him right away, rather than escape.. I did get the chaingun, but had nowhere near enough ammo to kill him, specially not when he kept bringing a hellknight back