Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Doom and Quake Relations?

Ok...dont flame me.This is just a theory of mine.

But i think the world of Doom and Quake are tied together.I dont remember them ever mentioning any company making the Slipgates(Of course i cant really remember the game that well)So is it possible that the UAC made the Slipgates and Fucked up again?Letting Shub-Niggurath take over?Zombifiying everyone,and letting demons run rampant?Did it even mention where the whole incident takes place?

I think Quake is just another branch of the Doom Universe...

I suppose it's possible... especially if you accept Quake 3's premise in which characters from Doom, Quake, and Quake 2 are all brought together. I suppose that's the ultimate FPS crossover.

The laws of physics are different, and even the dimensionality of space is not the same, so I suspect they are different universes.

If so, I'd expect Quake to have happened first. With weaponry alone considered, the time the events in that game happened was a decade or more before Doom.

Look up Earthbound Doom, if its page is still up, that thing tied together Heretic, Hexen, Doom, Quake,Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Earthbound and a few wacky doom wads in one giant mess of a crossover

Did they find the slipgates in Quake or did they make them?I figured Slipgate Technology is Different from Teleporter Technology.Slipgate seems to be more like a Worm hole than a Device that breaks down all your molecules then puts them back exactly where they belong.

And i guess Quake would take place before Doom,the weapons seem to be a little more primative.

[i]Haloless0320 said:Letting Shub-Niggurath take over?Zombifiying everyone,and letting demons run rampant.

Grunts are not zombies. There are probed soldiers that have orgasms when they kill. Thats what the manual says anyway. Could be Activision talking.

Technician said:

Grunts are not zombies. There are probed soldiers that have orgasms when they kill. Thats what the manual says anyway. Could be Activision talking.

Ok so theyre More like Possessed?

No because possessed is when they have a demon or evil supernatural influence controlling them

There was some document somewhere that linked together the stories of most ID games, it started off with Doom/Doom 3 in the "near" future, (like 100 years from now), after the demon invasion of earth (Doom 2) was cleared earth's technology went backwards, because they where too busy re-building, then the quake stuff happened when they where trying to make an "alternative" teleportation thingy, that didnt go to hell, but it did go somewhere nasty. Then Quake 2 was a straightforard alien invasion of earth after quake, when human technology had finally got back up to the level of doom, and a little way beyond it. And quake 3 was a side-story where god-like beings picked great warriors from different dimensions and time periods to fight each other

deathbringer said:

No because possessed is when they have a demon or evil supernatural influence controlling them

There was some document somewhere that linked together the stories of most ID games, it started off with Doom/Doom 3 in the "near" future, (like 100 years from now), after the demon invasion of earth (Doom 2) was cleared earth's technology went backwards, because they where too busy re-building, then the quake stuff happened when they where trying to make an "alternative" teleportation thingy, that didnt go to hell, but it did go somewhere nasty. Then Quake 2 was a straightforard alien invasion of earth after quake, when human technology had finally got back up to the level of doom, and a little way beyond it. And quake 3 was a side-story where god-like beings picked great warriors from different dimensions and time periods to fight each other

Sweet...thanks for the explanation :)

They are similar because Quake is a "true" 3D DOOM clone incidentially made by the same developers that worked on DOOM.

Vile said:
I suppose it's possible... especially if you accept Quake 3's premise in which characters from Doom, Quake, and Quake 2 are all brought together.

That gives the Quake 3 scenario a Marvel/DC comic book type feel that is pretty much missing in the previous games.

Scuba Steve said:

I believe it was called The Seal of Nehahra, it was like 3 hours long and was a movie made within the Quake engine. Rather well done I might add.

It was quite awesome. Not only is there a movie, there's also a partial conversion with it too.

I always assumed the two were one and the same. All the monster names are the same and so is the story. I wasn't sure Quake 2 was part of the story with the Strogg, though

Same universe, different scenarios. Two different games illustrating two different, equally "feasible", stories.

Judging by Doom 2 map31 and map32, Wolfenstein 3D is part of the same universe as well :).

BTW I believe the tie-in story mentioned above was written by the head of the now dead Generations project, though I could be wrong.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the story given on the Generations Arena site, so it probably did originate from Generations.

Bloodshedder said:

You have to have a copy of Quake installed. I figured that was obvious.

That's what I figured. No, there are all these videos goin around using the warcraft online engine that are viewable in mediaplayer. Was hoping that something similar worked here.

Just giving another shout out to The Seal of Nehahra. Excellent movie. All of the chapters were converted to divx a while back, but the download links are a pain in the ass... the server is almost always too busy, it seems. Feel free to try, though.

http://www.machinima.com/article.php?article=353

where the hell did the strogg come from anyway? they seem to have their own planet and they are some kind of cyborg race looking for fights... but all the monsters resemble a human in some ways so where did they get all the living organism to build their troops?

so UAC fucks up with Hell and earth defence force with the strogg? but hows quake 1 and quake 2 tied together, where there strogg in quake 1? im not really aware of quake's storyline.