Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Stupid Zombies (animated gifs...vs flash)

A dumb little GIF I whipped up in about 5 minutes, I have a bunch of doom-related GIFs, why GIFs? Because I'm too lazy to learn flash!

Why does tha barrel suddenly appear there?

Watch the commando closely, there is a frame where he lifts up the barrel partially, then the next frame, he has set it down.

It isn't that hard to learn flash. Especially if you're gonna make something like that :p. It only took me two years of fiddling around with the options and tools to get where I'm at! :D

All you need to do is get make a sprite sheet (make sure it has a transparent background). Import that sprite sheet into flash. Press control+b on the sprite sheet, then take whatever frames you need. Put in a bunch of keyframes and put their respective frames in their place (IE, put the frames in order).

You'll know the very basic stuff when you fiddle around with Flash for a while. That's how I did it. I too don't know alot of the advanced stuff. I only know enough to make a half-decent flash movie (compared to stuff found on Newgrounds, anyways). Just experiment with stuff and have patience.

Well, that sounds exactally like making GIFs but with a longer learning period....and larger file size :)

In the long run, flash is much smaller.

Because I'm too lazy to learn flash!

-Draw frame
-press F7
-draw second frame
-repeat
-done

Well ok, and actually, I downloaded flash and am fiddling around with it, although I'll always be a GIF man! Just whip 'em up, throw 'em on, but, sure, when I come up with a flash animation, I'll show you guys.

Unless you guys plan on supporting .SWF filetypes for avatars, I see no reason not to make animated GIFs.

Hmm... very... interesting. Although the artwork needs lotsa work, I gotta admit that it's better than my first attempt at flash, which you can see on my website. :p

Yeah, it was a real quick attempt, only took about half an hour to make the zombie models and finish it, I'm thinking of making one with more stupid zombies, it'd be a great series, zombies going SPLAT!

It took me a few months to learn flash animation. The coding? I haven't even tried to learn anything yet, at least not past stop and play functions.