Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robindegen

Another 3D mode bug/weirdness

Thats a known problem with todays nodebuilders (except for GL nodes, but thats another story), but this only applies to polygon-based rendering (in the game this problem does not appear). Sometimes you have holes in floors and ceilings due to inaccurate builds. Changing the nodebuilder you use often solves the problem if that nodebuilder better handles your map. Moving a vertex or two solves it as well. Either way, it is only a visual artifact, there are no problems with your map and you can still edit fine in 3D Mode.

true, it was gone when i added something, and a smaller one came back :P. Anyway, about those nodebuilders, if you input a doom map, do they return vertex/face positions for opengl/directx? I was wondering this for my own engine.

No, they build incomplete convex polygons (subsectors) from each sector. With their order in the BSP tree its possible to make these convex polygons complete so that you can render them with opengl/directx, but its a very precise cutting process and if the nodebuilder didnt make its output very accurately, the process may not be able to find the complete polygon.

i found that the majority of these holes go away if i use zennode after iv finished my map