Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geerdy2002

Happy New Year / Doom test ?

Hello,

What do you want as gift this new Year... From Id software ofcourse !!!

I would say; A few really good looking indoor pictures of
Doom
A movie with some doom stuff
A test version (keep dreaming)

Anyway I hope they give us something to have a great start of a new game year.
It will be good year; Unreal 2 ,Sof 2, Duke-dude, and I hope Doom 3. and hopefully I can start with Return To Castle Wolfenstein this weekend. It isn't out yet damm!!!
I think it wil be a good game, I hope so, I read many re and previews and, I think they al wanted to much out of it
I want a good looking game, some shooting, and other stuff
Like the first Castle Wolfenstein. I don't exept to much only a good shooter
Oke that is it for today.. see and here of you soon guys !!!

Sorry Virginia,

There may be a Santa Claus, but he won't be bringing you anything Doom related for a very lond while (unless you want the original, which I /hope/ you already have). I would even take a gander that Santa wouldn't even be bringing anything NewDoom-ish for next Christmas. I anticipate almost a 2003 release. Knowing id, they're moving along at their own pace, which means one day it could be really fast, the other really fuck'n slow. The New Doom promises a whole bunch of major advancements, and a real beat of a system to run it. I guess that it won't be released untill the capabilities that are required to run it, are standard on systems. Otherwise only the elite of the community will be able to run it.

Either way, looks like you're gonna have to get by on Wolfenstein and SoF 2 for a while, cuz I don't think Doom is coming anytime soon.

"When it's done" can be a VERY long time.

S./

I think at least they should release a big bunch of HIGH QUALITY screenshots from the levels they currently work on, or from test levels, and some monster screenshots and a full view of the Doom marine, so that we can discuss his new combat armor for the next 6 months ;)

Maybe some 'mystery screenshots'. Like a cool-looking tech background (maybe the UAC lobby Christian Antkow mentioned a loooong time ago in an interview) with the pitch-black silhouette of a monster in front of it. Or a shot of a fully outfitted space marine posing on the surface of Mars, a distant sun throwing his shadow on the rock face... and the shadow of the demon that's sneaking up on him off-camera.

Oh hell, anything will do. I'd probably squirt all over myself if id released a nice 1024x768 shot of the Bathroom Scene about now.

i hope id doesnt release anything. you see, a long time ago i realized that the more i knew about a game before playing it the less fun the game was. it all started when my friend told me that in metal gear solid master miller was actually liquid snake. that completely ruind it for me. trust me, the less you know the better. ignorance is bliss and i should know :p

I think at least they should release a big bunch of HIGH QUALITY screenshots from the levels they currently work on, or from test levels, and some monster screenshots and a full view of the Doom marine, so that we can discuss his new combat armor for the next 6 months ;)

I disagree. No shots from the game. Hi-quality engine tests? Sure. But I don't wanna see places I'm supposed to discover halfway throught the sp campaign.

Nothing wrong with a Déja-Vu effect when playing the game...I expect Doom3 to have many levels, you know ;) Not that they release 10 Screenies and we know every map after looking at them...

Also screenshots that show early versions of levels, or even test levels that will not be released with the game, are really great stuff! For example, I searched the net for early Quake3 screenshots, and found some really interesting pics showing bizarre architecture and ideas for maps which weren´t completed. Or even early player skins and different weapon models. Or beta versions of the released maps, you can find some screens at www.shugashack.com (q3dm17 dressed in gothic textures is weird ;)

Heh, I was kinda missing our old users. At least this time we have a pretty great collection of new members. Thank God the days of stupid posts and retarded ideas are gone ^_^

Nothing wrong with a Déja-Vu effect when playing the game...

I have no problem with shots from early level tests and shit. It's just that sometimes id likes to post a little too much screenshots for their games. And in this case that's pretty much dangerous. It gives people bad opinions about the stuff when they look at badly taken non-complete shots, and it kills some of the suspense.
As long as id's in charge of taking the shots, instead of Activision, I guess it will be fine.

I love you guys... *tear*

I dunno, the one thing id's gotta be careful of in its publicity is NOT giving out enough information. If you look at duke4ever, there's 3DReams (yeah, I omitted the l on purpose) who released absolutely no information about their new game. And then when they did shoot off a bunch of screenies, it was too little, too late. Nobody really gives a damn about duke4ever. It's kinda faded from the collective concious. I think there's a strong possibility that it might flop when it comes out.

But then again, I could be wrong.

The guys at id just have to be careful that people in the community don't lose interesting in the game, and everything'll be fine.

S./

("You're talking about S-E-X in front of the C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N!" "Sex-cauldron!?! I thought they shut that place down!")

To use but not to abuse.

Duke's bad rep's mainly because of the humongous delay. Most people think it's vaporware. But it won't flop, as soon as it's out everyone will buy it...

DooM is such a powerful name, people will buy it without even looking at reviews and stuff. id has some bad reputation regarding SP and gameplay, but at least they ship their games. Not buying the next revolution in gaming technology is plain dumb, but there are people like us that are patiently waiting for the whole experience.

I wish I could ask id what community are they targeting for...

Ah, Zaldron, always the voice of reason.

Although, it looks like Doom'll be a long time in coming. So you never know. I still don't think duke4 will do as well as it could have.

S./

Probably that's why I got moderator status ;)

How far's the game to be complete? I think id doesn't even know that. I'm guessing Xmas 2002 if everything goes ok. The engine has been working for a long, long time, so pretty much all the focus right now is the content. The best thing of having a functional tech core is that you can test your preliminary design ideas within the first months...

If they're going the right way, it will be here sooner than most people think. Even if they found their ideas to be somewhat lacking they prolly already fixed that.

You guys are good... and right

But...
If you guys are onest with yourself , you know we all wanne see or read something new about it.

Isn't it, isn't it :-)

Wel goodnight

....No, guys no dooming in my dreams. there, rules somthing else :-)

Sweet dreams ... you basterds.... heheehe
See you soon on a next topic

Believe me, if I could play the not-even-alpha right now I would. But since that's not a possibility I'm pretty much controlling my anxiety in favor of experiencing the whole package.

YEAH! It's like me and my oppinions on sex, I'm just waiting until I can get the whole thing....

Wait, no... it's just that people won't do things with me cuz I'm 6'4" 270lbs and yell alot... right...

Fuck.

S./

I remember some cool things when Quake 3 was comming out, like the milk commercial with sarge on it.
Also, i've seen some green Xs painted on streets and sidewalks by graffiti artists, and I heard that that's a strategy from microsoft to make publicity of the X Box.

Imagine Doom related graffiti in the streets, with something like: DOOM, it's comming...

I'd love to see a pic of a cool Doom logo that acutally says "doom" as a christmas gift from iD.