Find results in...
Sharessa

Skinny Puppy or ohGr?

Skinny Puppy or ohGr?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Skinny Puppy or ohGr?

• Skinny Puppy
    • ohGr

Ohgr was phenomenal when I saw them a number of years ago. I haven't listened to much of Skinny Puppy but I can appreciate their significance. I'll go with Ohgr by default.

I vote for Skinny Puppy.

I like Skinny Puppy's style with all those cool delay effects. I think it gives the music alot of texture. I bought a CD by Ohgr and it was OK, not great or anything.

Where's the "I love them both so much I can't decide" and "They're both a load of crap" options?

The Ohgr stuff I have heard was at best passable but uninspired and at worst totally unlistenable.

Skinny Puppy all the way. I like ohGr quite a bit, but SP has more of a soundscape-y, dark feel to it, which I prefer. ohGr tend to me more upbeat.

I don't see a "Neither" or "Have never listened to either one" option anywhere...

DooMBoy said:

I don't see a "Neither" or "Have never listened to either one" option anywhere...

How about "Neither" please...

DooMBoy said:

You missed it. Look in that other thread that has nothing to do with comparing ohGr and Skinny Puppy. You know, the one with the people who've never listened to either or hate both and want to tell the world about it.

It's hard to decide, I think Ogre had a LOT more influence on the new SP, the two styles seemed to be completely fused together with lousy, thin software production (compared to the old analog days of Too Dark Park, anyway). I'd have to say Skinny Puppy, but Ogre's lack of programming knowledge and song structure give his solo material a lot more of a post-punk industrial from the early 80s feel, but done with new technology. Both have their good points.

Haven't heard much of Ohgr, so it's Skinny Puppy by default. Just heard their latest album last night...kinda lackluster compared to most of their previous albums.