Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Blunderbust (Star Wars branch)

Mancubus II said:

And I'm sure everyone defending a position in this thread has read "something somewhere" to back it up.

Episodes 1-3 are utter crap.

No backing up required!

Heh, that was inevitable.

The clones thing totally reeks of current culture. Anyone thinking otherwise is assuming or implying George Lucas is some sort of avant garde sci fi writer.

Mancubus II said:

And I'm sure everyone defending a position in this thread has read "something somewhere" to back it up.

Sure, let me just go into my archive that I keep of all 700,000 articles I've read in my life so I can find it and site my source.

myk said:

The clones thing totally reeks of current culture. Anyone thinking otherwise is assuming or implying George Lucas is some sort of avant garde sci fi writer.

Not really... I don't think the concept "clone" is very new. It was possibly floating as a theory for many years. Just like "powerful light beams" from the 50's comic books that ended up as our current laser beams.

they mentioned the clone wars in the originals, so obviously they knew about clones back in the late 70s/early 80s. I remember wondering what the clones wars were in fact, until episode 2. All people really knew besides from the expanded universe, was that Obiwan Kenobi was a General in them.

also:
http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/history.html

1975 -- George Lucas conceives of and writes the basic story of Anakin Skywalker's rise, fall and ultimate redemption. This story becomes too large for one film and Lucas divides the story into two trilogies. The first trilogy focuses on the life of a young Anakin Skywalker while the second trilogy focuses on the life of Anakin's son, Luke Skywalker. Lucas chooses to make the second trilogy first since it appears to be the most exciting one to film at the time.

Okay so maybe there were only two trilogies originally. But the point still stands.

First result in Google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=history+of+star+wars&btnG=Search

The concept of clones is as old as mother nature, but George Lucas' films are designed in a way that what you see in them fits in with the current spectator expectations, and armies of clones had nothing to do with the first three movies nor their times. There the Stormtroopers are presented as inhuman lesser versions of Darth Vader, all decked in metal and never revealing themselves otherwise. Like gothic knights yet like andriods or mindless nazi warriors.

Lucas' films are all about visual impressions. Dwellingin the plot is as pointless as trying to extend the DOOM plot beyond the fact that its simply a backdrop of the game. The only difference is that Star Wars became so popular that the plot of the movies was extended and fleshed out way beyond expectations. Not that it has solid substance, but it did offer a myriad commercial and popular possibilities for expansion. It expanded exactly like and parallel to RPG and computer game "worlds." Preceded only by pulp fiction and comic book series in general nature of popular development.

Funny if the first trilogy was supposed to focus on Anakin's rise and fall since all this happens in episode 3, 1-2 being canned Jar-Jar-foof.

Fredrik said:

Funny if the first trilogy was supposed to focus on Anakin's rise and fall since all this happens in episode 3, 1-2 being canned Jar-Jar-foof.

I think Anakin growing up and learning to be a jedi in one and two might have something to do with his rise. It might just.

Anyway, yea the general plots were down for all of the movies for a while. Although the full scripts wernt written out for the first trilogy, the ideas behind them are all still intact and were always supposed to flow from 1-6.

As for Jar-Jar, he was obviously a later addition when the script was written. There's a lot of information on this stuff on theforce.net and supershadow.com.

EDIT: Oh yea, there was also an episode 7-9 as part of the story as well but I believe it was less significant as it dealt more with eradicating the dark jedi from the galaxy. It involved clones of Luke and Anakin if I remember correctly.

Episode I's events could've been turned into the scroller at the beginning of Episode II. Then II becomes the new I and the new II is all about the Clone wars and Anakin's growth as a Jedi. Then Episode II remains basically how it is, but starting about a half hour later than it does currently and ending about a half hour later, chronicling some of the earliest dealings of the Empire and the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

:) Then it would be perfect. We'd have no need for Jar Jar or Pod Races.

Ralphis said:

I think Anakin growing up and learning to be a jedi in one and two might have something to do with his rise. It might just.

Ah, yes. I missed the part where he grew up, though. Is that scene on the DVD?

Foofoo said:

oh come on the pod race bit was good. :(

Yes, if it's intention was to make you fall asleep.

I hope that with Lucas's millions of dollars for endlessly editing the series, he has the sense to hire a voice actor with a normal voice to voice over JarJar and those stupid "look! is gahzillah!" trade federation aliens.

Cajun[CC] said:
Then Episode II remains basically how it is, but starting about a half hour later than it does currently and ending about a half hour later, chronicling some of the earliest dealings of the Empire and the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

Except that stuff happenes at the very end of episode 3

Fredrik said:

Ah, yes. I missed the part where he grew up, though. Is that scene on the DVD?

No I believe its what the films ARE ABOUT

Quast said:

Except that stuff happenes at the very end of episode 3

Well yeah, but I meant a little further along. And in more detail.

Shaviro said:

Fredrik is so cool. 8 posts all ridiculing sw/sw fans. How does he do it?

If to you ridiculing Star Wars implies ridiculing Star Wars fans... well, that's your problem.

Though, I don't ridicule the original trilogy.

Fredrik said:

If to you ridiculing Star Wars implies ridiculing Star Wars fans... well, that's your problem.

Whatever you say. I don't really feel like it's my problem. Your constant trolling might be yours, though.

Shaviro said:
Your constant trolling might be yours, though.

Critical wit in regard to mediocre films is allowed here. If for some reason someone else likes those films they can say so too, or counter the comments in kind. But that's it, really.

Plus you'll end up joining the Dark Side in fury if you are so harsh, once the DOOM movie is released!

Pff, you're just annoyed Fred has over 1000 more post than you.