Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TwinBeast

Multi-Line Split

This could be really useful when making some place with a lot of lines§ors. Like making a crate partially under a lamp sector. You just draw the line through everything you want and all sectors in it's path will get splitted and vertices inserted in the points the lines cross.

btw. things in 3d mode look great!!!!!!

That's an amazing idea :) I often have the problem that I have to draw about 20-30 different small sectors because I just add another object in a heavily detailed room...

And if you simply want two 2sided lines to cross without joining.. then what?

Draw it crossing no lines, and then drag it out to where you want.

This is what I want to do if I want to circumvent the current sector split function.

ravage said:

And if you simply want two 2sided lines to cross without joining.. then what?

Or just make the "Line split by crossing" feature toggable as STITCHING and other things!

Tormentor667 said:

Or just make the "Line split by crossing" feature toggable as STITCHING and other things!

Yea, that sounds a fine solution for the 2sided lines crossing problem without joining them... but what's the use of 2sided lines crossing without joining together?

It's good for making trees and fake bridges, among other things. Since there are less visible sidedefs this way, it should, hypothetically at least, allow you to keep higher FPS.

Tormentor667 said:

...so any statement from CodeImp?

/me was wondering the same thing.

Tormentor667 said:

...so any statement from CodeImp?

Its worth a try, but not a major requirement. Ill see if I can come up with a good algorithm for it, but I cant promise anything.

So, using this feature, if you have a sector, say 128x256, and you draw another 128x256 sector at an angle of 90 degrees through it, what would happen?

Then you would get 3, 4 or 5 sectors depending if you drew it L, T or X.

I concur; this feature would make DB feel alot more complete. I was trying to do some lighting effects and simple scenery and when I found this feature wasn't in there I was a little dissapointed becuase it was way too much work to try and do what I wanted to manually. Would love to see this feature.