Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Udderdude

Another Ressurection of Chaos update

I've been working on ROC quite alot lately. Things are looking more complete than unfinished now. I've got level 3 left to do, and then the final map (which will rule), and finishing up the bosses .. then playtesting some more, and everything should be good to go. Expect to see it out sometime in June!

Map 1 : The Hub
http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/roc01.png
Has 4 portals that takes you to the other maps.

Map 2 : The Port
http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/roc02.png
http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/roc02b.png
Has a mix of temple and medieval building stuff.

Map 3 : The Temple
http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/roc03.png
Temple ruins, overrun with water.

Map 4 : The Swamp
http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/roc04.png
A swamp with ruined castle.

Map 5 : The Tomb
http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/roc05.png
A firey dungeon full of monsters and dark passages.

Looks nice so far. I loved the HoC series, and I'm looking forward to this. I'm hoping you won't put a shitload of puzzles in every damn map (like HeXen) and will mainly focus on combat.

To be called puzzels, there has to be a logical resort to the problem presented, not running around finding switches hidden over the span of 10 maps.

Yeah the emphasis is mainly on combat. There are a few switch puzzles, but they are all local to the map/room, not all over the damn place.

I had thought of making it so you get keys for doors that are in other maps, but even that sounded too annoying. :P

kristus said:

To be called puzzels, there has to be a logical resort to the problem presented, not running around finding switches hidden over the span of 10 maps.

All the puzzles in Hexen are logical once you understand them. If you don't - well - then you will have problems to solve them.

lol Hexen

This looks nice, if I had Hexen and liked it, I would probably play this.

Looks cool, its too bad I don't have hexen either otherwise I would play this gem.
I always loved to play hexen on my playstation.

Hexen came out for playstation? I thought the only console it showed up on was the N64 o_O

I figure since so few people had Heretic, even less will have Hexen. Too bad ..

udderdude said:

Hexen came out for playstation? I thought the only console it showed up on was the N64 o_O

Yes do an google search for hexen on the playstation, well in europe it came out for the psx I don't know about the rest.
I found my copy again I think im going to play a few hours, for old time sake:)

udderdude said:

It came out on the Sega Saturn too.

Graf Zahl said:

All the puzzles in Hexen are logical once you understand them. If you don't - well - then you will have problems to solve them.

Are you serious? I have never been able to even beat the Hexen shareware!

Doom monsters in Hexen? Blastphomy!
Just kidding, it looks really cool, I like the buildings and style, it looks like a hoot!

Looks cool.

Please, could you include an enhaced version of Zedek Menelkir and Traductus? I don't know how, probably more HPs, speed, may be the ability to use by random diferent attacks of their class, may be a bit of scale on Zedek to make him look a little bigger.

And don't forget that the red dude at the end of Heretic can be included.

Sorry I really like Hexen, and when I see one of the few good mods (like this one) I get easly excited. Do you think that the Motherdemon from DOOM 64 could enter here? She looks a bit familiar with Korax, probably she could be Korax' mom (mm.. may be not), or a brother of him, may be a new Serpent Rider.

Please, not only pay attention to the combat, but also add some elements of plot here and there.

Please, could you include an enhaced version of Zedek Menelkir and Traductus?

I was thinking of this, but they might not make it. Their weapons are unfair anyway.

And don't forget that the red dude at the end of Heretic can be included.

D'Sparil was killed so many times in HOC, it'd be pointless to have him die again in ROC.

Do you think that the Motherdemon from DOOM 64 could enter here?

Nah, not planning to do that. The final boss will be a surprise.

Please, not only pay attention to the combat, but also add some elements of plot here and there.

I hate plots. Any story will be replaced with random sillyness. Didn't you figure that out from HOC? ;)

I'm not talking about D'Sparil, I'm refering to the demon that apear in the victory scene that looks like (is?) a Heresiarch. But most probably.. meh

Vegeta said:

I'm not talking about D'Sparil, I'm refering to the demon that apear in the victory scene that looks like (is?) a Heresiarch. But most probably.. meh

The Heresiarch sucks. Due to the invulnerability shield it is the most boring monster to fight among all Doom engine games. All you have to do is cover behind some pillar, wait until the shield wears of and attack him with all you have. Repeat until he dies. He takes a lot of time but is simply no fun.

I refering to make a monster based on that sprites but with diferent behavior.

Graf Zahl said:

The Heresiarch sucks.

He's much more fun to fight if he's mixed in with a big group of other monsters. That's what I've done with every Herersiarch battle in HOC and ROC. I think it worked pretty well.

udderdude said:

He's much more fun to fight if he's mixed in with a big group of other monsters. That's what I've done with every Herersiarch battle in HOC and ROC. I think it worked pretty well.

But not in combination with D'Sparil and a Minotaur. That was the most annoying fight I can remember. Especially with Heretic's weapons which are not that effective against bosses. And then having 2 big monsters which endlessly spawn other monsters? Yuck!