Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Sharks in The Hudson River!

I don't know how true this is but i heard rumors that there are sharks in the Hudson river. Does anybody know anything about this rumor or if its true what kind of sharks are there?

In the past, there have been several instances where anglers with a sense of humour have brought home dead blue sharks and hammerhead sharks from ocean adventures and left them along the shoreline of the Hudson to confuse people. The tidewater Hudson is not generally conducive to the presence of large sharks for reasons of salinity and turbidity

Bull sharks are well know for their trait of going (sometimes hundreds) of miles inland in freshwater river systems. They perfer murky turbid water, and are considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous variety of shark to humans. I don't know if they would be in the Hudson river area though.

I recall there being a summer in the early 1900s where a great many sharks were swimming into the mainland through oceanic tributaries. Lots of attacks that summer - I'm not sure if it was some sort of fluke like raining frogs or what, though.

Job said:

I recall there being a summer in the early 1900s

Thats impressive, I didn't realize you were that old.

i would imagine it is possible. however nothing like a great white or anything. maybe smaller species, bull sharks and a few others.

Job said:

I recall there being a summer in the early 1900s where a great many sharks were swimming into the mainland through oceanic tributaries. Lots of attacks that summer...

[grandpavoice]When I was young we had big sharks, not those little tiny things you have now! and apple pie tasted like apple pie!!![/grandpavoice]

Alboroto said:

[grandpavoice]When I was young we had big sharks, not those little tiny things you have now! and apple pie tasted like apple pie!!![/grandpavoice]

i am sure apple pie also humped more like apple pie too!
i think the germans stole all the sharks from america in WWI and WWII