Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AliensTC4Eva

Recommended Source Port for playing Aliens TC for Windows XP?

So which 32-bit source port works best with Aliens T.C. on Windows? SInce DeHacked will not work with Doom95.exe, I need a recommendation of a source port that will work with the .deh files in Aliens TC as well as play with/against a few friend via LAN.

I'd recommend ZDoom and Skulltag. Oldskool look with all of the features :D Skulltag probably if you want to play some LAN stuff.

It is easy enough to convert binary dehacked patches to text format, and this has indeed been done for some of the downloadable versions (the one called u_alntc1.zip and u_alntc2.zip has text deh files). I didn't think binary dehacked patches worked with any ports.

Anyway, if you want to use it with a multiplayer port, that limits your options somewhat.

Indeed. If multiplayer is needed then I would find it very hard to recommend Zdoom or PrBoom.

Doomsday works great for me with AliensTC.

DaniJ said:

Indeed. If multiplayer is needed then I would find it very hard to recommend Zdoom or PrBoom.

Doomsday works great for me with AliensTC.

Which version of Aliens T.C.? u_alntc1.zip and u_alntc2.zip ?

I can't seem to get the Doom 2 version (doom2atc.zip) to work properly on Doom 2 version 1.9 no matter what I do! Only solution I had was to downgrade the doom2.exe version from 1.9 to 1.666. But that's only for the DOS version. So I'm asking if you or anyone know how to get Aliens T.C.(preferably the Doom II version) to work properly on Windows XP and playing a multiplayer game via LAN.