Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hyena

Evolutionism/Creationism: SHUT UP

You're both wrong! Whatever you say is wrong before you open your mouth.
Whichever side you're on, no matter how open-minded you are, you're not going to accept a single word the other side will say. So in the eyes of the person you're arguing with, you're going to be wrong no matter how convincing you are.

I've seen way too many evolution vs. creationism threads. Some have been rather civil, and others have been nothing but flames. None have accomplished anything except wasting time.

From what I can see, Evolutionists don't seem to care that someone else doesn't believe in evolution. But they get annoyed because their view is badly represented and they futily try to explain themselves.
Also, some of them just like to torture the Creationists knowing how sensitive they are about their beliefs.

Creationists on the other hand usually start these arguments because they want to share their beliefs with people who may not be creationists. But the flame war that entails just gives those who are sitting on the fence reason to be wary of religion in general.
The hissy fits on either side also make anyone who isn't an active participant just sigh and wander away.

Without trying to win me over for Evolutionism or Creationism can anyone give me an argument why these threads are worth valuable seconds, let alone hours and days?

People don't argue so they can convert people, they argue because it's fun...

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said.

'Nuff typed.

Anyway, both sides can never get along because we share different beliefs and we always want to respond with a correct answer.

And we will stop typing, no shuttin' our mouths.

Whichever side you're on, no matter how open-minded you are, you're not going to accept a single word the other side will say. So in the eyes of the person you're arguing with, you're going to be wrong no matter how convincing you are.

Not true.

Probably hundreds of people change their beliefs from religious to secular and the other way around every day, sometimes with little or no arguing at all.

In a word...no. See, there's this thing called "freedom of speech", maybe you've heard about it. It's this really whacky concept that says you can say what you feel. Radical, eh?

See? We can never get along while we're discussing this sort of matter, no MATTER what. :/

You're right, we can't get along when we disagree on topics of this magnitude, but I think it's better that way. The arguing (as long as it doesn't fall into namecalling) is usually fun, and it does give us something to talk about.

And I don't think that are arguing is completely futile. Sure, the people posting probably will refuse to rethink their opinions, but the people who don't post either do so because 1) they don't care, 2) what they have to say has already been said, or 3) they don't have a strong enough opinion to post anything. That third group consists of the people who get the most out of these kinds of arguements.

My question is: why did somebody start a new thread in order to get us to stop posting to the old thread? It's just going to cause people to argue on both fronts.

My question is: why did somebody start a new thread in order to get us to stop posting to the old thread? It's just going to cause people to argue on both fronts.

Shortly: He wants to piss us off and make us post big ammounts of replies that includes names, I don't know..

Probably hundreds of people change their beliefs from religious to secular and the other way around every day, sometimes with little or no arguing at all.

I know. But I'm saying these threads accomplish nothing. It's because they're arguing that no one changes their view.

In a word...no. See, there's this thing called "freedom of speech", maybe you've heard about it.

Yes, I am well aware of freedom of speech and I believe in it. If I didn't, I'd be trying to get threads deleted.
I also have a right to say what I did, which is that I believe this bickering is futile and a waste of time. An opinion which I would like to share.

This evolutionism vs. creationism is getting nowhere.
No-one will listen to what anyone on the opposite side has to say, therefore, neither side wins, and the arguing continues, both on here and elsewhere and in Reality(tm).

I call it 'debate', not arguing. Well, -most- of it is. And it's damn good fun ^_^ it's interesting to see how some justify their opinions. Let the typing continue!