Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Wad In Progress [Arena Tension]

Hey, now, I'm no expert mapper, not by any means, but I had a crazy idea and thought I'd bring it before you, so I don't go map a stupid idea.

I had an idea for a trigger based map called "Arena Tension", in which the player is warped into an octogonal arena with a shotgun to begin with, and multiple waves of monsters would appear after the last one was slain, of course, weapons and health would spawn after each wave, until finally the player would go up against some sort of incredibly hard wave, I'd try to sway away from ever-so-common Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind, I was thinking more on the line of a few archviles, chaingunners, etc.

Whaddaya think? Has it already been done? Would it be worth it? It's just a starting idea, I don't know if any of the info I gave you will survive to the final product, but, the overall idea should.

Archviles are usually auto-banned in arena maps because you can't really dodge them. Chaingunners in large group are probably not a good idea either...unless there are places to hide behind. This reminds me of the old game Smash TV. You would go to a game show (Like the movie The Running Man) and have to fight your way through the arena...which was a bunch of linked rooms with different prizes weapons and enemies.

I'm kinda new to this community, but I haven't seen anything recently that is like this.

It has been done before(I find myself unable to remember any names O_o), but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make your own.

Scopeless said:

Archviles are usually auto-banned in arena maps because you can't really dodge them. Chaingunners in large group are probably not a good idea either...unless there are places to hide behind. This reminds me of the old game Smash TV. You would go to a game show (Like the movie The Running Man) and have to fight your way through the arena...which was a bunch of linked rooms with different prizes weapons and enemies.

I'm kinda new to this community, but I haven't seen anything recently that is like this.

In Starcraft, there were MANY maps involving Smash TV. It was fun. Oh and for the map idea, same as quoted info in my opinion

Scopeless said:

Too late :) Ever heard of "Stronghold"? Search for the thread ;)