Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dark santaclaus

Why!!! (Classic Doom mods?)

I HAVE REVIEWED ALMOST ANY MOD OF DOOM3 AND IT APPEARS THAT NOBODY HAVE DONE A MOD RELATED WITH THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT OF DOOM, I MEAN, THERE IS AN ENTIRE WORLD CREATED FOR DOOM3, WITH NEW AMBIANCE, MONSTERS AND STUFF, BUT ALTHOUGH I LIKE IT, IT IS NOT THE ESSENCE OF DOOM AND DOOM2, I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FEEL LIKE PLAYING THE ORIGINAL DOOM WITH THE NEW ENGINE ONE MORE TIME, I´LL DO IT IF I KNEW HOW, PLEASE, IF ANYBODY KNOW OF A MOD AS THIS ONE, LET ME KNOW, TANKS

You seem to have your capslock key stuck on. Might wanna get that fixed.

There's a couple of mods you may be interested in. The first is Classic Doom for Doom 3 which attempts to recreate the maps from doom. Whether or not this brings back the "essence of doom" is quite arguable. But it's worth looking into.

Second, take a look at Terminal doom which recreates doom in a doom 3 video surface.

You, sir, are about as idiotic as a Star Wars "fan" who only likes the original trilogy because it was what they grew up with. Well, guess what? Those days ain't around any more, sucker! Deal with it.

dark santaclaus said:

IT IS NOT THE ESSENCE OF DOOM AND DOOM2

BECAUSE IT IS NOT DOOM AND DOOM 2 IT IS DOOM 3 BLAGEK_OLDGEHNSIKDGISEHNTEWIKLJ~~``~~`~``!!1

Dodge said:

You, sir, are about as idiotic as a Star Wars "fan" who only likes the original trilogy because it was what they grew up with. Well, guess what? Those days ain't around any more, sucker! Deal with it.

In first place I said that I like doom 3, is not that I want a different game, doom3 has the essencial that could be needed to be a part of the doom series, the story, but that´s it, about the gameplay it´s completly different to the original, it´s a good game but as a different one.

so then, one thing is that you like the new game and something different is the fact that you don´t appreciate the original stile of doom that (I repeat) must have been included in the game, as it is doom.

the only idiotic thing here is your recurrent opinion of those who like the original game. deal then with the fact of a different game.

i've always felt the same, yea i know this is a whole new game 'n all that.. but it *is* supposed to be Doom all the same. So if it's Doom, why the crap shotgun for example? (it's got too much spread, thus no good for anything but close up. And it's reload is too slow. Ok, this might be realistic, but this is Doom i'm playing - not BF1942 or Call of Duty! ;)

Plus i also miss the fast pace of the originals: i could run around the levels AND then there was always the run key to hold use also.. lol. Doom 3 is often too slowwwww. Oh, and the lack of open areas with tons of monsters everywhere, but hey...i'm just moaning now ;)

I've found a mod that kinda makes up for the crappy shotgun that i hate - check out Green Tech Mod. Overall, it's a great mod with tons of features, but just looking at the shotgun things are so much better with this powerful beast! :) Secondly, a good old-school style map to try out is Stone Halls. Very classic Doom in it's design.

Green Tech:
http://www.xtreme-lab.net/gt/english/

Stone Halls:
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/greg99/Doom3/index.htm

fwiw, i don't hate Doom3. Sry if i'm giving that impression, but it's annoying sometimes that ID left out decent weapons like the shotgun.. Doom3 rocks overall, and i've just downloaded a map called Urukhai. Plays great!

Scuba Steve said:

Wow those skins on the hand are just awful.

Apparently the doom-guy took a job on a cattle farm searching for bull-prostates.