Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dlikee

how level 07 works

hi im new to doom wad editing but im a fast learner and can do most things now but i cant seem to learn how level 7 on doom2 works, the level is "dead simple", after you kill all the mancubus's the floors/walls tag activates and lowers, then you kill the spiders the other floor tag activates and raises,i'm trying to find out hows thats done, how do you make maps so the tags activate when you kill all monsters of a certain sort?

666 tags...

Ultimate Doom
E1M8... if all Barons die, lower all floors tagged 666
E2M8... if all Cyberdemons die, end level
E3M8... if all Spiderdemons die, end level
E4M6... if all Cyberdemons die, open all sectors tagged 666
E4M8... if all Spiderdemons die, lower all floors tagged 666

Doom II
Map07... If all Mancubus die, lower the floors of all sectors tagged 666 to the lowest neighboring floor. If all Arachnotrons die, raise the floors of all sectors tagged 667 to the height of the shortest lower texture around the outside of the sectors.

Dlikee, one other way you could have found out about the floor lowering effects in level 7 is by looking at level 7 on a Doom editing program. By selecting the desired sectors which you see lowering, you'll see that they are tagged 666 or 667 just like the other guys said.

-Alando1

That wouldn't have told him what triggered the actions though: whether it's a certain number of monsters (or if they have to be a certain type of monster) or if the monsters need to be specifically tagged in some way, or if it matters if they respawn, etc.

I do see what you mean in a way Grazza but from what you stated, respawning of monsters and the number of monsters should have no effect to the specified action on the tagged sector which is desired to lower. I do agree with you on the type of monster because in the script for level 7, it says in there to lower the specified tagged sector after the player has killed the mancubi. (This also applies to the raising of the sector near the exit after the player defeats the arachnotrons.)

-Alando1