Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
c h i e f y

storming back to 1997: id's legendary DOOM [PSX Doom AVI demo]

1 RIGHT CLICK HERE 25MEG download TEST version

RIGHT CLICK and SAVE TARGET AS

ooops, sorry to anybody with a 56k modem, baaad news for you guys, this is for BROADBAND troopers only I'm afraid

anyway

for total DOOM NUTS a choice!!

2 RIGHT CLICK HERE 50MEG download HI QUALITY

4 minutes download time for a broadband connection, SEE chief KICK A$$ on the legendary PHOBOS

3 RIGHT CLICK HERE 100MEG download HI QUALITY

8 minutes download time for a broadband connection, this is the FULL VERSION of the video

1 pistol, 50 bullets .... what can happen?

anyway hope you enjoy whichever video you choose, I spent 4 days putting that together

DLing. What exactly is this? Just a video of you playing through PSX Doom?

yep, download the test video if you are cautious

THE WHOLE 100MEG version will show I am a prize PHOBOS adventurer :p but that is probably reserved for ppl with a huge upload speed

anybody had a look yet ? ;)

I saw the 50meg one...it kinda ended abruptly...what was that about?

it ended abruptly because the FULL VERSION is the 100MEG one :D are there any other member movies around like the one you just played?

I would be interested to download and can the smilies be turned on somehow ;)

who's joking?

the test version is 25MEG

the long version is 50MEG

and the full version is 100MEG but they are all the same vid

if it's DOOM you want then hey! it starts with 1 pistol and 50 bullets

Please explain exactly what it is that you're asking people to download (and give more detailed descriptions of each). If it's just a demo in AVI format, then this is fairly unattractive since there are plenty of good demos in standard lmp format, which is a tiny fraction of this size and gives more options for viewing.

Is this, say, a world record for the Playstation version? In any case, provide information about level times and how it was recorded, as this will give people an idea of whether it is worth their while to download it.

And no, smileys will not be turned on.

I am a prize PHOBOS adventurer

bwahahahahahahaha

Edit : Just looked at his webpages he made ..

bwahahahahahahaha

I am not asking anybody to do anything

yes it IS just a demo in AVI format, if that is too unattractive for you just delete the thread :o

Well I'm not sure who wants to download a huge file like that when demos for pc Doom are just a few k at most.

hey can somebody delete this thread?

what is the point of ppl reading it and moaning on for ever and a day?

what a bunch of whining CISSIES!

Use3D said:

Well I'm not sure who wants to download a huge file like that when demos for pc Doom are just a few k at most.

And even for those who do, the ones here are smaller. And they are (or at least were at some point) record times.

You're acting real mature. At least it didnt take long to completely discredit yourself.

c h i e f y said:
I am SOOOOOO impressed

You should be (then again, judging by the timestamp of your post, you obviously didn't watch any of the videos Grazza linked to prior to writing your embarrassing reply).

And since you brought it up, I doubt anyone would be impressed by watching your ignorant arse plod its way through PSX Doom.

Does anyone know if this video is available anywhere...

You get to see some frantic scenes of someone playing Doom(2) for a few seconds, then some biblical text is put up on screen, cut back to the action then back to another biblical passage, rinse and repeat a number of times all the while some frantic music is playing.

The reason I ask is that I remember seeing it on the screens in one of my local games stores many years ago. I'm not sure which version of Doom is was advertising, or even which platform, but I remember the vid and it looked cool.

PSX Doom isn't exactly PC Doom, so making demos out of anything other than movies isn't really possible.

There's something odd I noticed about those demos...the sound effects sounded like the regular Doom sound effects (one pitch lower, Doom95 style) but I thought PSX Doom had the new SFX like the ones in Doom 64.

Okay as a doomer, you fail it.
As a person, you fail even more. Why make a huge avi with some crappy music to show off your crappy doom playing?
Worst waste of 25 megs ever...

You have a horrible taste in music. Why in the hell is a 3 minute movie 92 mb? Yes, call me an idiot for downloading the whole thing, but I was going to give our friend here the benefit of the doubt. I've lost 3 minutes and 43 seconds of my life that I will never get back.

Also, you're playing is atrocious, even IF you were playing on an original 1995 PS pad.

Well I have an fast connection and it still is not even worth time downloading for me.
I like too see demo's but not if I have to download 25 or a 50 mb large file.
Let alone download the 100 mb version...no thanks.

Ledmeister said:

out of ten.

While we're on the subject of PSX Doom movies, here's a small mpeg of the Mansion level (map 58), after it's been trashed by a bug in the game.
http://classicdoom.com/mansion.mpg

Whee! ;p

It keeps crashing my mplayer :\ And same for my ATI file player.. any special codec being used?

5 out of 10 is generous, I'm afraid.
It doesn't even end, it only shows like 6 rooms.
xvid mpeg-4 video encoded.
I do appreciate the effort though, as I have never seen these maps.

Opulent said:

5 out of 10 is generous, I'm afraid.
It doesn't even end, it only shows like 6 rooms.
xvid mpeg-4 video encoded.
I do appreciate the effort though, as I have never seen these maps.

I converted these maps to PC format a while back... do a search for filename with the text 'psx'. You'll find all the maps thats been converted. I always wanted to see a speedrun on Twilight Descends ;)

right. psxdoom.

and WildWeasel was right about the encoding too, I thought he was talking about the thread avi.